The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mpi fuse keeps popping

slowpoke

Alright guys I got my car all back together and I went to start it and nothing happened. Mpi fuse keeps popping. I've checked a few things and a couple different threads but the information leads no where. Any tip or info would be great.

Yao

89Mirageman

Did you replace the fuel pump while the car was down by chance? I did this on a 90 GSX several years ago and accidentally pinched one of the wires while putting the metal cover back on and it kept shorting and popping that fuse every time I hit the key. Just a thought.

slowpoke

Thanks for the link I'll follow this. Got it narrowed down to the mpi circuit off the ecu but I keep finding broken wires and more bs than I wanted.

No I didn't replace the fuel pump in this build not yet anyways. I plan on selling it once it starts and runs

slowpoke

Problem solved

slowpoke

It was self inflicted. A stock boost solenoid wiring was under the battery when I tightened it down and shorted to the battery tray causing it to pop.

WaRrIoRs16

Same thing happened to me except the solenoid fell down to the axle. It would allow me to start the car and try to drive it and then when the axle turned and knocked the solenoid to just the right spot it would short. PITA to find. We were troubleshooting it in the dark and saw the spark was how we noticed it.

slowpoke

Yea we took the harness all out of the loom and everything and just so happened to see the connector under the battery sticking out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts