The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EProm ECU Error Code

Galant_martin

Hello,

I had bought an EProm ECU for my Galant E33 (4G63 DOHC Front Wheel Drive) and installed an Ostrich 2.0 with stock E33 rom.
But if i start the car with it, it runs fine but gives me CEL and stored Error 42. 42 is for Fuelpump afaik. If i swap back to stock Non-EProm Ecu there is no error.

Any ideas?

Greetings from Austria
Martin

swe_gvr4_1991

This is because the E931 code is looking for the fuel pump drive signal on ECU pin #13.
Make a new XDF scalar with the address 6987 (or E987 with offset) and replace the 5A with 01 and the CEL goes away.

This CEL is because your FWD car does not have that wire populated in the harness.

Last edited:

Galant_martin

Ok i will look on this and than we will see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Or i test the E901 GTi Rom.

Galant_martin

Me again.

I just tested 2 Roms.

E441 (from Dynamic 4/ 4G63 NA with 4WD and 4WS)
E901 (from GTi 4G63 NA with FWD and ECS)

on both it idles fine but gives me CEL

and on my ECU connector Pin 13 for "Control Relay (Fuel pump drive signal) is connected ?!

here is a pic from hex editor, is this the adress you mean?

AllanL

I believe Kim was referring to the E931 bin when he mentioned changing the value in 6987.

In the 32k bin for E901, it is 5B4B. in the 16k bin with the pic you posted, that address you encircled is incorrect. 1B4B is the position indicated by the green-red arrow in the pic below.

Use the search function in your bin editor, and search for the area where the string 'D5 40 01 5A' is present. I believe this string is at 2951 in your 16k bin.

Change 5A to 01.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if the CEL goes away after changing 5A --> 01.

Last edited:

Galant_martin

So.

I checked the 441.bin

The string started at "294E" with D5 and endet with 5A at "2951"
i changed it to 01 and it worked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif No CEL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Than i looked at the 901.bin
There is "D5 40 39 8F" at this position.

Im a bit confused, i had a eprom ecu befor and dont need to modifiy this?!

jnava

Staff member
Im glad that it wasn't an ecu issue.
edit: I would have gladly issued you a refund, but it seems it was a rom editing issue.

Last edited:

Galant_martin

Sorry. i forgot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BIG Thank You /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

AllanL

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

just glad you got it working...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts