The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new owner 91 560/2000

clevr4

Just picked up a vr4 , guy seemed to have had a lot of work in the car. I got a setup that seems pretty reliable, just a lot of new things to learn! It's pretty cool car though. My other option compared to the wrx!

gvr4144

Pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

clevr4

Rainy day, felt bad taking a picture of new whip in such conditions... snowing now so tomorrow may be better. Was busy going through the loops...sitting in dmv, getting alignemt and getting inspected [failed due to straight pipe, good thing I know a guy at a dealership...got me a tag] 250 miles since she's been mine... only issues are...over 4k rpm gears grind in 3rd and 4th... read up on red line. Other than that ^^ the rear wheels are off on toe both facing towards driver side -.25 guy at ship couldn't get the toe bolts to adjust. Checked my mpg on 120 miles...right around 15. That was half and half on city and highway. Pictures tomorrow and first newbie questions to come!

Mr_Fielgood

Congrats & welcome to the forums!
Hope to see some pics soon.
And what did the PO have done to the car? (work wise)

clevr4

Honestly, I wish i saved the craigslist ad before he removed. I'm going to email him and get actual list of what was done. So the story goes....

He had a 97 6 bolt in a talon, got the vr4 dropped the engine in it. Engine was built forged eternals, eagle rods, bigger cams 227. he put down pipe, 3 inch straight exhaust

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Um, your email address is located where your location should be in your sig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

clevr4

I guess I'm in the right place then...^^^ haha. Let me fix that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

clevr4

20150127_065438_zps7hdwtj3w.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

Will get better pictures after work, early morning picture. First day with inspection and no worries, full tank of gas and it snowed.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice prominent I/C setup.

Interesting how the snow landed so perfectly on your hood and roof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

clevr4

Thanks man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif I don't know why the previous owner krimped the dipstick tube. Only guess is from it flying out? It was a pain to get out of tube to check oil.. guess I didn't put it all the way back in...have a little mess to clean now. I suppose it's good to get to get as familiar as I can with that bay

clevr4

This is what im complaining about. i think i could come up witha better solution but for a quick fix i guess it works. any solution suggestions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

20150127_164259_zps1t8f2ooh.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

Dried oil stains... where my investigation took me.

20150127_164308_zpsg6geoxc2.jpg
[/url][/img]

coyotes

Most people take a piece of coolant or vac line and use clamps to hold the dipstick in place. There are also dipsticks you can get that can clip in place.

clevr4

so should i cut below the clamp and find a dipstick that fits size or should i rig one myself? i tried to shape the tube more like the dipstick... i justdont see that happening very easily haha

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned