The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

is this ecu good?

turbohf

I have chipped probably 100 Honda ecus, but they don't seem to have a cap problem like 1g ecus. so not sure if I'm seeing good or bad here?

IMG_20141221_192201_zps3552acba.jpg

IMG_20141221_192135_zps834ada01.jpg

Last edited:

tektic

It doesn't look to have leaked, however it is inevitably going to as they seem to be the original capacitors. Take this opportunity to replace them while it is allready under the knife. That way in the future you will be less likely to get stuck somewhere.

Wizardawd

Not to mention it is far cheaper to upgrade the caps than the upgrade/replace the caps and do the board/circuit repairs. And sometimes, it's not even possible after the damage is done.

Wiz

prove_it

Been a few years, but I got my caps swapped out(no leaks) and got the eeprom chipped for 60bucks. Don't remember where though. It's worth doing both to save time down the road.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts