The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with water/air intercooling

dsmless

If you have or are running a water to air inter cooling system please help me out. I am currently thinking of making my own setup but with a new twist.
I would like to make the WAIC also the coolant reservoir, not sure if this has been done or not a good idea. Please and and all imput is appreciated.

dsmless

I want to bulid the coolant reservoir into the WAIC. Will try and draw a pic here shortly

ktmrider

Are you talking about running a WAIC in parallel/series with the engine coolant reservoir? If so that would be a very inefficient design in terms of thermal transfer, your outlet air temps would never be below the coolant temperature ( at operating temp of 200 degrees F give or take ).

In reality an air/air IC is more efficient than any water/air system unless you are running the liquid coolant thru some type of refrigeration system.

biglady112

He is saying to have the reserve water tank built into the intercooler. Have the tank and intercooler as one unit. I could work just fine, packaging will be tough though as there is not a lot of space under the hood. Maybe out in front like a regular air/air would be. We have always done the reserve tanks in the car.

dsmless

Thats exactly what I was asking. Have been searching online for any pics but have not came up with any.

curtis

Was thinking about the same deal with the crown vic I've been building but instead of the water on the outside of the core as a tank have a outer shell that has a small fitting and a large fitting so we could hook up a CO2 bottle at the track and make the whole core be encased in dry ice. Owner of the car actually used one of those orange round water/beer coolers as a tank in the trunk with a boat bilge pump to push the water up front to the core with 1 inch id hoses.

Vr4junkie

I asked a similar question like this while back click ...Belize1334 is running a setup like this.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts