The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front lips

bluzvr4

so ive been looking at front lips for awhile now. most of what i am finding tho is for the jdm bumpers. anyone running a lip on there stock bumpers?

bluzvr4

this is the only one i found one a us bumper click

i like the accord lip as well but havent seen it on a us bumper. anyone know if it fits the same?
click

Last edited:

turbowop

The lip on the second pic was made by member Boostx. He made a run of them once and that was it. It's made from a JDM Sigmaspeed lip that was used to make the mold. It actually fits both JDM and USDM bumpers, but good luck finding one.

I actually had one, but ended up not really liking it. The fit was weird on one side and it just didn't really flow well with my car. I think the one on Mike's car in that pic is the one that I sold him actually.

I'm not sure about what's on the car in the first pic. That may be a DIY garage door bottom seal style Home Depot lip.

Last edited:

bluzvr4

lol your good! the bottom is a seal lip. i heard alot of people use the accord lip and cut them down to look alot like the boostx but havent seen one on a us bumper to justify buying one to try

bluzvr4

45 is bad at all. what is the one lap lip?

14of2000

The Honda accord rear bumper lip fits with some cutting and modification. Prove_it (Ryan) did this one on my car. I think its one of the better looking ones that are out there. Plus Accord rear bumper lips are dime a dozen.

Last edited:

prove_it

Looks better on a shortend US bumper. This was my first attempt. Have tried other ways, but these are the only pics I got.

Last edited:

bluzvr4

I do like that shortened bumper my my bumper is near mint so it's hard for me to cut it lol

prove_it

That one was a mock up. It's the bumper that 1284 hit a tree with. I was able to fix it up enough to try and shorten the bumper. Haven't figured out the stock fogs though.

GSX_TC

I think that accord one looks kinda weird, looks too spread apart in my opinion.

Yep Mark is correct, I have his front lip on my car currently, and I'm very happy with it. I really like this style lip and wish they'd make a polyeurathane or carbon version of it.

prove_it

The jdm bumper also makes a big difference. I think the Boostx lip works on the jdm far better than the US bumper.

prove_it

Do you remember who it was that put the Boostx on the USDM bumper?

turbowop

I don't. But I remember the lip making the bumper look shorter to me, since it was taller with the lip on. On a JDM bumper, it makes the bottom section of the bumper (which already sticks out) look like a train cattle guard. I liked it from the front, but not from any other angle.

GSX_TC

There's a few pics floating around with this lip on a USDM bumper I'll do try to dig one up.

GSX_TC

Ok I found one.

fuel

I agree it looks so much better on a USDM bumper - but on either bumper there's still the mis-match of heights of the lip, sideskirts and the rear. I feel they all need to be in line with each other.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned