The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hood vent plug sculpting

tektic

The response I left in the latest carbon fiber hood thread left me thinking. The results of that thinking... Brought me to create this:

It's similar to the evo 123 vents with a little extra flair.

Last edited:

tektic

And for show of scale:

When it dries I will work it with body filler until it is smooth enough to make a mold.
At that time I will determine if I'm going to commit and do the other side.

I haven't sculpted anything from clay in 12 years. A little FMA brotherhood, some beer and this project made for a relaxing evening. It took my mind off my leaking head gasket for a while.

Last edited:

prove_it

Very nice. I like the extra "flair". Mad scientists for sure.

Wookalar

That's a cool project!

I have to respectfully disagree that they are similar to evo III vents. EVO III hood vents are longer rectangle like, your seem taller, more square like. Overall though the vent style is the same though so they may look pretty good if you follow through on details. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tektic

Essence of evo vent... I did it off the top of my head with just a cardboard base template for dementions. This vent is big 10.5"x9". I may have to sculpt it again depending on how the body filler coat goes. I have to wait for it to dry. Next time ill use a straight edge

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned