The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4G63 Maincap torque sequence need specs

Vr4junkie

Ok so does any body have a picture of the torque sequence for the main caps I couldn't find anything beside the amount of torque to tighten them . Just nothing in the sequential order they go in I downloaded the overhaul pdf in the library but didn't find anything.

Last edited:

fuel

similar to head bolt torque sequence - except you do it in pairs. Start from the middle cap and tighten (but not to the specified torque just yet, perhaps half), then do the one immediately to the left, then immediately to the right and so on. Then go back and start tightening to the specified torque figure for each of the main cap pairs.

prove_it

I always go hand snug first round, 20 ft/lbs second pass, then whatever the final will be. It differs if using OEM bolts or ARP, but yes, tighten the middle then next one out on the left then the right then the outside two. With the crank there is less to worry about breakage like with a cam since there is no springs pushing back.

JNR

Not sure if you will be using anything on the threads? If so, remember to adjust your torque accordingly (will be less than dry)...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts