The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ecm Link

galantrevolution

So I just bought my old car back, I notice the now have an air and fuel ratio gauge, new different oxygen sensor, rc 650 injectors and ecm link, my question is do I need to take my at to a shop the does tuning to adjust the ecm link, I want to go back to 450 injectors , vented bov, and 2g mass air flow

G

Staff member
You need a haltech elite and jun intake.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting G:
You need a haltech elite and jun intake.

img.php

Wookalar

G is trolling you GSTPSI. I would like to see a JUN intake for the e39a though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP is probably Turbowop, he has been known to create separate accounts when he gets bored. I think it's the Gemini in him.

Galantrevolution, you can still vent to atmosphere with 650 injectors and ecmlink/ecmtuning as long as you are on a speed density set up with no maf. Injector size has no correlation to bov venting or recirc.

Don't forget to double clutch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

prove_it

And granny shift.

slugsgomoo

Quoting Wookalar:
G is trolling you GSTPSI. I would like to see a JUN intake for the e39a though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP is probably Turbowop, he has been known to create separate accounts when he gets bored. I think it's the Gemini in him.

Galantrevolution, you can still vent to atmosphere with 650 injectors and ecmlink/ecmtuning as long as you are on a speed density set up with no maf. Injector size has no correlation to bov venting or recirc.

Don't forget to double clutch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

No, it's not wop, I actually bought something from this guy on the trader a while back, haha.

turbowop

Yeah, not me. That was turbowoplite. Oh, and fourdoordsm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

galantrevolution

Well I just want to go back to stock injectors , there is no internal engine mods, and it smell a lot of raw fuel, since I want to daily drive the car again, I don't see the advantages of bigger injectors into a stock motor , the bigger injectors on my car just seems like a big waste of gas

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You can use 'link to tune them. You don't need engine mods to run larger injectors.

slugsgomoo

my car runs the same on 1000's that it does on 450's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

VTA on MAF = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughugh.gif

strokin4dr

Quote:
my car runs the same on 1000's that it does on 450's

It always amazes me when "car guys" don't understand larger injectors.

Ive had the "what size injectors do you have? 1000cc's. OMFG, I bet your gas mileage sucks!!!!!!111" conversations too many times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gay.gif

turbowop

Even better when "car guys" ask how much boost you run and about faint when you tell them anything around 30psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

slugsgomoo

I told someone 25psi on 92 octane and they couldn't believe that was safe without meth/e85... My AFR's are dead solid, the only reason I can't go any higher with boost is that it requires timing to be sacrificed and I'm not sure that'd make any more power./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughdunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts