The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fabed up a Lower turbo heat shield. take a look

tektic

Its one piece of Stainless bent and cut with hand tools. The right tools for the job I have not, but I got the job done.

I know I know My welding sucks

Chad989of2000

Nice looking piece. I am sure that with the right equipment it could be "pretty'd" up a bit more too. Fitment looks great though.

92_talon_awd

How much will you be charging? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'd buy one

Last edited:

tektic

Thanks Guys! Like I said I don't have the tools to make them the right way. I have the template and measurements though. Ill make a pdf or something.
MAP liked my post on instagram... I'm sure it wont be long before they start selling them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

prove_it

Looks really good for a "amateur" with no "right" tools. If you don't like the welds you should be able to grind it down and have a clean 90* look.

I think it looks great. Better than a lot of what I've seen.

Is your turbo downfiring? It looks like over the manifold piping might get close to that corner.

Last edited:

tektic

I'm rocking a stock body 16g with ets piping kit. I installed the shield in the car moments after welding. I just removed the one cuppler and the up pipe and was able to get it in. No fitment issues realized during the procedure. I swapped out my wga after it was installed and had no issues. Stock up pipe may be different. I never had one so I don't really know.

Last edited:

prove_it

Very nice then.

You sir, just might be in business....

ade

when do i pick mine up?

tektic

If you guys are really serious I will get my hands on a real brake. that's really all I need. I could probably make them 18 or 20 gauge brushed or mirror stainless for like $50-$60 each.

Last edited:

prove_it

Which O2 housing is this bolted to? Also which bolt holes did you use?

tektic

I had it on evo 3 and 2g o2 housings. I used two holes on the o2 housing. The top one on the front and upper hole on the right. Lastly the lower hole on turbine housing. Its not a full cover for the turbine. I designed it just as protection for the alternator and ps pump... And to look cool.

I found a descent brake and will hopefully pick one up today. I'm going to make an upper shield to match.

prove_it

Fab up a cover for the FP manifold and you'll be rich.

coyotes

Looks nice. I was just gonna fab up a bracket for the stock lower heat shield to fit over my MR o2 housing.

tektic

Quoting prove_it:
Fab up a cover for the FP manifold and you'll be rich.

Ill give it a shot, but doesn't it not have threaded holes?

prove_it

Yep, no where to mount anything too. That's why you'll be rich.

tektic

If you all don't mind about bolts through the top, I have a pretty good idea how to make it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts