The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

802/1000 Diary

KiNgMaRtY

Decided to finally create a somewhat of a build thread. I should have probably done it some time ago.

This is a list of the current mods:

Engine:
Stock 6 Bolt 198,000, 60K on Head
HKS 264/272 Cams
Evo 3 16g
Evo 3 o2 Housing
Evo 3 Exhaust Manifold
ETS FMIC
ETS Hot IC Piping
Brodie IC Cold Piping
2g MAF with Iceman adapter harness
K&N Air Filter with Dejon tool 2g MAF adapter to 1g OEM Style K&N filter
Greddy 3" Intake
Greddy Type-S BOV
Mazdaspeed BOV adapter
Road Race Engineering 3" Custom Turbo Back Stealth Exhaust
Aeremotive FPR
Walbroh 255
Denso 720 Fuel Injectors
Koyo Evo 3 Radiator
Greddy Radiator Cap
FIAV Block off Plate
Ralliart Sparkplug Cover
NGK BPR7ES

Drivetrain:

Jack's Transmission Stage 2
Spider Center Differential
Quaife Front LSD
TMZ TZ/FE Clutch
Rebuild Clutch Pedal By Shepard
JNZ Tuning Short Shifter
Shifter Base Derlin Bushings
Shifter End Aluminum Bushings

Electronics:
ECMlink V3
Greddy Original Profec B Boost Controller
HKS Turbo Timer Type-0
Autometer Oil, Boost, Water gauges

Suspension:
Robispec KW V3 Coilovers
Cusco Pillowball Camber Plates.
Energy Suspension Poly front and rear control arm bushings, arm bushings
3SX Rear Camber Arms
Whiteline Front Strut Tower Bar
Whiteline Rear Strut Tower Bar
Whiteline Front Sway Bar
Whiteline Rear 26mm Adjustable Sway Bar

Appearance:

Work Emotion XD9 17x8.5 Wheels
JDM RS Front Bumper
JDM Rear Bumper
Clear Turn Signals
MOMO Steering Wheel

(List updated 9/25/2015)

Dirty Engine Bay pic:

I recently added a Quaife Front LSD when I had the transmission rebuilt by Jacks again. 2nd gear and the center spider went out for some unknown reason.

I got the car back from RRE a couple of months ago. Since between work and school, I have not had much of a chance to do to much to it. I did decide to stop daily driving it on my 80 mile commute as I don't want to risk having it hit.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Damn that's nice. I've been in Corona a few times already. We should meet up. I'll be @ RRE on the 12th (pending work sched).

strokin4dr

Car looks great, man.

I have been thinking of doing the body color handles to my car when I get the bumpers sprayed, but now I'm having second thoughts.
I love the look on the BG and KG cars but I'm not feeling it on the SW car. Mine is also white so I have some thinking to do now, lol.

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you Turbo Negro and strokin4dr.
I need to pick some stuff from RRE. I will see if I can go on that evening.

KiNgMaRtY

I finally got around to installing the JNZ Short Shifter a few weeks ago whith my Greddy shiftknob. I had a 1g shifter in there before.

KiNgMaRtY

I finally installed my Whiteline Rear strut bar to complement my front Whiteline Strut Bar and WL Rear Sway Bar. I had RRE install the Whiteline front sway bar along with a rebuild rack and pinion with new tierods due to leakage while putting the transmission back in.

SSGdave

where did you get that plug wire cover? me likey.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice. Well put together car.

I would have bought that GSX if I could have. Did you advertise it on here?

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Car looks good, man. Looks like a serious sound system. Watcha got back there?

Eclipse 7100 Headunit, Eclipse ZA1200 AMP, Eclipse 4200 Amp, Alpine Type X Sub in custom made GVR-4 sub-box. Eclipse 6 1/2 speakers, Eclipse 4" Speakers. Now that I have retied its DD duties I may pull out the sub and amps.

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting SSGdave:
where did you get that plug wire cover? me likey.

It actually came in a box of spare parts when I purchased the car some years back. First one I ever seen like it

Quoting iceman69510:
Nice. Well put together car.

I would have bought that GSX if I could have. Did you advertise it on here?

Thank you. I put it up on Craigslist. Someone flew in from Utah to buy it and drove it back home.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

Last week I started to pull out my Koni's and H&R springs. I started with the rear.

To put these in:

They are KW V3 Robispecs with OEM Evo tophats. I used the Supercar Engineering rear adapters. They fit perfectly. Well worth the price. I did not purchase the front as it seems very steep for 4 bolts and some washers.

Here they are installed in the rear.

I will hopefully try to install the KW's in the front this or next weekend.

Last edited:

minneSNOWta

Quality parts and execution /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. How do you like the Koni's with the H&R's? I am still researching other spring options before I get GC's. Those K-dubs though. Also, where did you get that GReddy air intake pipe? Never seen that before. Also, what wheels are those?

KiNgMaRtY

^ Thank you. The Koni/H&R spring combo is by far my favorite DD setup. Koni/H&R Springs > Bilstein/Swift Springs.
Tee Koni's are just just that good and smooth. When adjusted they will transform as needed.

I manged to find the Greddy intake pipe from a Greddy Turbo kit that was being parted out from a 2g. The pipe was never sold individually from Greddy, only when someone purchased their complete turbo kit.

I am really looking forward to getting the KW install finished and see how they feel on the GVR-4.

Wheels are ADR's.

KiNgMaRtY

I got the front KW's installed over the weekend.

KW next to my Koni insert setup with H&R springs:

KW's with GVR-4 Top hats

Installed:
The front required "spacers" in between the hub and the Evo style struts as the ears are spaced out 5mm wider

Here it is all bolted up.

89Patches

giphy.gif

KiNgMaRtY

I replaced the OEM strut mounts with Cusco pillowball mount camber plates so I have some additional adjustment room for camber.

I also replaced my rear camber arms that had Whiteline busings for 3SX arms. I purchased them with the boots and the hardware. When installing them, you are much better off using the OEM eccentric bolts for additional adjustment.

I was also able to score a set of 17x8.5 +42 Work Emotion XD9 Wheels. They came with Michelin A/S tires in a 235/45/17. I will be replacing them soon with some stickier tires in a 245/40/17.
(Car and Wheels are a bit dirty in these pictures)

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Any reason you went with Evo tophats over GVR4 ones in the rear? I'm about to install my V3's and am going to source new tophats all around.

KiNgMaRtY

The rear OEM Tops fit but the Evo rears have better rubber. The Evo rears are also a direct bolt on. I had some laying around so I used them. I had read somewhere on here that someone had issues with the OEM rear tophats with the evo suspension because of where or how the material was laid out.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

I swapped out the Tuners Nation Radiator in favor of the new Koyo Evo 3 Radiator that replaces the R series. I swapped out the shrouded Flex A Lite fan for the New Mishimoto Raceline series shrouded fan.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings