The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Steering wheel options and opinions. Please post pics!!!

manikbastrd

Hey guys,

So I know a lot of you have changed from your stock wheel to an aftermarket one. I have read some how-to's etc, and I was wondering what the general consensus was on aftermarket steering wheels. I know mine is kinda beat up and I could replace it with a stocker or maybe have it recovered in another material. I really like the Alcantra material on my Boss 302, and was thinking about doing something similar with the G-car.

Please post pics if you want to showoff your steering wheel! I would love to see what different setups look like.

Thanks!
-Manik

EHmotorsports

I just have a 1g GSX wheel and feel it's different enough. But I like factory parts over after market. I will try to take pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

EVO IX wheel is my favorite

KiNgMaRtY

My Momo steering wheel. Very comfortable and I like the way it looks. Also a tad smaller.

100539-0-0-0.jpg

G

Staff member
Nardi ftw. Searching pc for a pic.

cheekychimp

img.php

Not my car but this was the picture that prompted me to get this Momo wheel for my car. All the Evolution models came with a Momo wheel and I've always felt that if the VR4 had started that tradition, then this would have been the wheel that Mitsubishi would have kicked things off with.

ghostinthevr4

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
My Momo steering wheel. Very comfortable and I like the way it looks. Also a tad smaller.

100539-0-0-0.jpg

I have the exact same steering wheel I love it the fitment is the best, the hand positioning of that steering wheel is superb.

Turbo99

Quoting transparentdsm:
i agree with G
img.php

For those of you running a Nardi, what hub adapter are you using? They don't list one in their books.

MellowVR4

I just picked this up for temporary, Probably would get a momo tho. Its from a 3g eclipse, Its looks alright.

manikbastrd

These are the few that i am looking at right now...
MOMO
Sparco
OMP
and of course...
Nardi

Don't know if I want to go with a true racing inspired wheel with a 12 o'clock stripe though...that would really kill the sleeper look I am going for.

Thoughts???

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting MellowVR4:
I just picked this up for temporary, Probably would get a momo tho. Its from a 3g eclipse, Its looks alright.

I have a 3g Eclipse wheel in both of my cars. Only thing is the horn doesn't work in both. Made it work in one of them, but never finished the second one.

MellowVR4

Yea, mines dont work either, how did you get your's to work?

BluFalcon

521_Interior.jpg

MOMO Competition Wheel. I had a MOMO Tuner wheel in it for a long time, but installed this one when I parted my old Talon out. It looks great, and feels a ton better than the stock wheel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts