The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bov vent to atmosphere

Mn92gvr4

Alright just a quick question for you guys. I'm about ready to start fabing up hard ic pipes and I was wondering if I have to switch to an sd or gm maf in order to vent the bov to the atmosphere rather than running a return. Hope that makes some sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gifI'm sure its been asked before but I search and didn't find much.

transparentdsm

yes. you need the gm maf or a SD set up where it takes the readings after the BOV, if it isn't after the BOV you will have problems and the car will run like sh*t.

Last edited:

tektic

I have this issue now. BOV leaks at idle and low fuel trim is around 76% and o2 trim still shows rich.

there is code around the inter web that checks tb opining so it doesn't add extra fuel when bov is venting.

Last edited:

Mn92gvr4

What sd set up is everybody running. Im looking at a compete set up from buschur racing. click anyone using this?

LIV4PSI

Same kit is cheaper from JNZ Tuning. Much better guys to deal with as well. You can thank me later

Edit: Your car does have ECMlink already, correct?

Last edited:

G

Staff member
You're running ecm?

tektic

If anyone Is interested this is the code I mentioned above. The code now works with the E931 Rom for DSM's after recently being ported over from EDM evo III software. The original author is from the UK. His presentation of it can be found in it's entirety here: click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned