The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 Warrior 866/1000

tkstoyvr4

[Updated and moved from the Newbie Section]

Been in the DSM game for about 8 years now and this is the first GVR4 that I have owned/purchased. After spending the last two years rebuilding my 1993 Talon Tsi AWD I finally got it done about three months ago and have been just browsing the forums and driving the talon. About a month ago I decided that I was going to buy myself a new project to start for this years winter months and why not switch up and build a galant. So, over the past few weeks I started watching the forums and the FB pages for the right deal and wasn't really having any luck until I caught wind that an old DSM friend was selling his 1992. He had owned the car for the past 7 or 8 years and it has been sitting for a lot of that time. He finally decided to throw it up for sale about three weeks ago and it took nearly no time at all for me to be trailering the beast home to take up the empty space that is in the garage for the winter months. Here are a few pics of the current appearance:

img.php

img.php

img.php

Over the past few weeks I have managed to get the car home, rip out the old engine and start cleaning up the engine bay for the new engine to go in. It just so happens that I have a mildly built 6 bolt sitting in the garage that I had planned to put in the talon next season but have decided to place it in the galant and just build another for the Talon. Before putting the engine in however I had to do some major cleaning and VINE removal since the car had been sitting for roughly three years now. The only spots of rust that I have found so far are a few little spots on the frame rails of the engine bay where most likely the battery acid sat in the previous years of its life. I have taken care of the rust and re-sprayed the engine bay black in the last few days. I will post pics up this weekend due to them being on my phone at the moment. The ABS has been deleted as well as the factory cruise control and replaced with an ABS delete kit from STM and Non Cruise Throttle Cable from JNZTuning. Both decently priced and good quality and will be getting installed this coming weekend before installing the engine which I hope to have all three done. I will have some decent updates and pictures to post this coming weekend after the work has been done!

Thanks for the space and please feel free to give me your thoughts on the build as I go along!!

12/02/13:
Over the past few weeks i have managed to get the replacement engine swapped in and the transmission put back in. Also picked up a STM ABS DELETE kit and installed it. The quality of this kit is very nice and they definetly give you enough length with the lines. Also installed a SS clutch line from STM to go along with the brake lines. At this point im trying to gather all the missing pieces and have decided to cleanup and paint some of the bracketery that i was originally going to just install and worry about later. More updates to come over the next few weeks. oh, and I also ordered new brake pads and rotors for the front and back as well as some NGK plug wires and new fuel filter. Going to need to find a new filler nexk for the gas tank and a new fuel pump as well. Probably going to go with the 320lph pump from jayracing but unsure at the moment. Will most likely be running E85 in the end but for now I will be running 93 for awhile. My talon is running pretty good and is tuned on 93 so im not worried just yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

This is just the initial install of the engine, I will be cleaning it and installing new items over the winter but for now I just need it to be drivable:

tkstoyvr4

Due to the extreme weather and work schedule I haven't been able to get much work done to the galant lately however I have completed a few tasks. So far the completed list contains:

New Walbro 255 hp lph fuel pump
New OEM Fuel Filler neck from jnztuning.com
Taylor battery box and wiring for the trunk relocate
set of ROTA SubZero 17" rims (need tires)
All four corners have new brakes

Just waiting for the OEM style intercooler pipe I purchased yesterday to show up and drain the old fuel out to try and start it up!

Does anyone have the motor mount numbers handy so that I can be sure to have the correct mounts installed? May have mixed them up with a 1g set and I have read that there are one or two different!

LIV4PSI

It is the front roll stop bracket that is different, the mount itself is the same. The VR4 specific bracket should say 344 stamped on it

EfiniX

Quoting tkstoyvr4:
Due to the extreme weather and work schedule I haven't been able to get much work done to the galant lately however I have completed a few tasks. So far the completed list contains:

New Walbro 255 hp lph fuel pump
New OEM Fuel Filler neck from jnztuning.com
Taylor battery box and wiring for the trunk relocate
set of ROTA SubZero 17" rims (need tires)
All four corners have new brakes

Just waiting for the OEM style intercooler pipe I purchased yesterday to show up and drain the old fuel out to try and start it up!

Does anyone have the motor mount numbers handy so that I can be sure to have the correct mounts installed? May have mixed them up with a 1g set and I have read that there are one or two different!

Those pipes should be delivered tomorrow!

tkstoyvr4

Thanks for the information fella's and awesome. Maybe I can fire it up for the first time this weekend.

MAY BE PUTTING THE GALANT UP FOR SALE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting tkstoyvr4:
Thanks for the information fella's and awesome. Maybe I can fire it up for the first time this weekend.

MAY BE PUTTING THE GALANT UP FOR SALE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED?

Why?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned