The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fixed issue

14of2000

Pull out the 100 amp alt fusible link, located on the battery terminal. It might look fine from the top, but it sounds like you have a short somewhere, and thats why it popped again.

GVR41380

i will look at that, i think i have a short between the alt to the fuse box by the petals, what would be the best way to find it?

GVR41380

all my dsm friends are telling me to look at my MPI relays??

GVR41380

would it hurt if i just make a new ground for the bottom fuse box?? not to good on electric, need some advice

mitsuturbo

Does the ignition work at all? I mean.. does the car start?

Is the IOD connector pushed down securely?

Do you have a turbo timer? If so, is the harness connected securely, and without any faults shorts or open circuits?

GVR41380

the car starts up just fine, What and where is this IOD located? my brakelights dont work when i push the brake, but the tail lights do work,

James

My brake light problem turned out to be a broken wire in the kick panel

mitsuturbo

Quoting GVR41380:
What and where is this IOD located?

Seriously? Are you new to GVR4s? It's in the fusebox under the hood. It's called IOD Connect. It's a "storage" connector, for when you put a vehicle in storage and dont want the battery drained. I pull mine up whenever the car is going to be stationary for a long while... like now, while it's waiting for new parts.

25200510005_large.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned