The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nice picture of my car at Napierville Dragway

Alainb7

♫ I beleive I can fly... ♫

Incar video:
click

Spinning up to 60 km/h(40mph)with a crappy 1.7s 60'
This pass was done in 12.14@ 113mph. Bad weather, drizzle, no traction and 700 treadwear tire with a too soft suspension! Everything is there to enter 11's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

+1 on needing a JDM or even a USDM front bumper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Gizmovr4

Always like seeing gvr4s at the dragstrip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alainb7

As I already said in the past, The car is a 2000GTX AWD.
Here in canada, we dont have a lot of GVR4.

8 year ago when I buy the car, I had a deal for this evo3 bumper already molded to fit GVR4.

My car is a Automatic, with high stall torque converter with no lock-up, so it generate a lot of heat.

I need to have 2 huge oil cooler and with this bumper, there is no air restriction to cool down them.

Here is pic of the oil cooler set-up(old black one was on passenger side temporarely for picture purpose)

The car 8 year ago with the original fron bumper

Last edited:

theevozero

Good god, that is some serious lift. Some chains or some coilovers are in order. That 60' would drop a bit.

Last edited:

prove_it

Bumper isn't that pretty, but I really like how you made it fully functional. Nice Fab work too.

I'd say it's time for suspension when you need wheelie bars, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

theevozero

I completely agree. I didn't realize it was functional. Its way better than cutting up a usdm or jdm bumper....maybe.

mitsuturbo

Wow. That's actually really cool. I had no idea all that stuff was behind the bumper. Excuse me while i go eat my hat.

LIV4PSI

Function>Form FTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Although there is still no excuse for that wing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

I still don't like the look of that front bumper, functional or not. It just doesn't flow with the car at all. And I'm not so sure that wing is adding much function. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

prove_it

Clearly the wing does function. Hell look at how much downforce it's generating even at a launch... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

2 things, why do you call it a galant VR4 if it's a 2000 GTX? And why does it say lancer evolution on the back? Also for the record, that bumper is made to mimic the look of the EVO 5 bumper, not 3.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Put a VR4 badge on it to indicate that it is now turbo, the only upgrade that the 2000GTX AWD needed to be a VR4 in function. Form is another story.

Potato patatoe.

Is a GVR4 still a GVR4 if you install an automatic transmission ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Okay, I'm done.

I have seen the OP's car for many years now (on the net), both on the Quebec DSM forums (which I mostly have to translate!) and around the Galant world, but I never knew he had the coolers up front and an auto trans setup.

I aspire to be able to drive to Napierville, run my Colt, and drive back. That's a 2+ hr one way drive, with traction, 14 seconds without traction, and then 2+ hr's back again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alainb7

I rebadge the because it is more exotic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Anyway, it is a Galant GSX rebadge by Chrysler to sell it in Canada. And it as been swap 4G63 to 4G63T.

The Evolution in the back (no lancer ambled) is a reference to the ancestor or the evo's the evo0(GVR4)

The wing, I had a deal for it and I like the look. And it weight a lot less than the fiberglass OEM one.

For the evo5 I know, I should de a mistyping or the stupid autocorrection of the iPad.

Down force that one is funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

89Patches

hmm I thought this was a real vr4.. What does she run in the 1/4?

So now I only know of 3 usdm vr4's in Canada /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

James

Says in his sig and in the first post. Ran 12.12

BpuVR4

great effort w the build...however when i first saw the pic i thought i was drunk, looking at a photoshopped photo.

NateCrisman

Don't give a flying f*** about the bumper cover...whatever.

Glad to see a gvr4 with auto trans kicking ass at the drag strip and leavingwith the nose up! Way cooler than any of the JDM-YO posers!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned