The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

weird compressor surge

bmxr152

So i was in vegas this last week. I made the 450 mile journey there and on the way there i passed a semi and noticed it had some surging and the bov fluttered when letting off the gas. Then i made it to vegas and met my friends and did some pulls. Now it was even worse surging so bad the whole car was moving back in forth with it. Boost was the same @30lbs with a bolt on hx40. I was thinking maybe something to do with the elevation change. I live @5000 feet and vegas is around 2000. When i got home tonight i did some pulls and all was well again. I just thought it was weird it acted up like that. It was very violent. Has anyone ever experienced compressor surge while changing elevation?

bmxr152

Pretty much sounds and did the same thing when he does the first throttle hit @47 seconds

click

Or even better a Dsm and almost a 100% identical
click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts