The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Using 1.8L 4g67 block

pmp285

Im having a hard time looking for a unmolested 63 block and crank here in the philippines. Will a 1.8L 4g67 block work if i just machine it to 85.5 bore? I know crank is the same. Im just worried about machining the bore that much. 67 bore measures 78mm

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Probably too much. I would doubt the walls are that thick.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That is likely a better option. If the heads interchange, and you skip the oil squirters, you should only need the knock sensor hole drilled.

AllanL

possible...but i doubt your 78mm 67 bore diameter...

read through this: click

hth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pmp285

Thanks. Will measure again when i get the time. But he just bored out to 85mm though. I doing 85.5mm since im upgrading my pistons and rods

AllanL

Read the zerotohundred thread linked.
85.5mm is doable
It is just the common 63 OS... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

James

Why are you upgrading the rods and pistons for only 300hp? Seems like a lotta hassle for 300hp

pmp285

Coz i got the bnew wiseco pistons and scat rods for only $500 and its more than 300hp. Well atleast what the evo3 16g can push. Then save up for a bigger turbo. And i dont trust the old pistons that came with the old engine i got

mitsuturbo

I'd like to speculate here...

Because, a goal of 300whp can easily develop into a goal of 450whp or more. It's peace of mind to know you have more "durable" parts in there. Then you won't be afraid of more "bolt-ons".

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned