The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Prosport wideband issues.

Captn

I am having a problem! My wide-band gauge reads 20 lean most of the time, it will change if I rev the car but then goes back to 20 at idle. This sensor is pretty new I replaced one already.

I have it wired to the ecu and Ecmlink tells me the wide-band is at 9.6?? I can smell gas from my exhaust, I just have a hard time believing that the sensor is bad already.

I also had a problem with an brand new o2 sensor reading 2.56v during idle... I have the wide-band in the stock location now doing 02 narrow-band simulation and there is no change, I tried to recalibrate the sensor but no luck.

Could I have wired the narrow-band simulation wrong? or am I out another 90$? No kidding the sensor has seen probably 300 miles over the last 6 months.

I don't understand why it reads lean on the gauge but in Ecmlink it reads rich?

Any help would be great guys.

Captn

I think I may have figured it out. The wide-band will respond but not at idle, I am guessing it has something to do with the large boost leak I found in the injector lower seal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts