The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Island Dragway"

Gizmovr4

Island Dragway in NJ is re-opening on July 5th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
Nate and I plan on attending opening day to support the tracks re-opening. Its a friday Night - "Street car night". Just wondering if anyone else from the area will be attending?
Nate will be running his 1G 10 second daily driver car
We also plan on going the following wednesday July 10th with 431 for shakedown runs and hopefully the remainding NHRA license pass.

Would be nice to see some of you guys run your cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

-Nelson

curtis

Spray that hooker......... I want to see an 8 second pass.

Gizmovr4

Curtis,
The plan is to just make moderate passes that day. Hopefully not break anything and complete the last 9s pass for the license. The car has been ready to hit the track since last September- without making one single pass! Rain in October - then superstorm sandy followed by island dragway closing indefinatly....

I'm just glad island raceway reopened !! Being that its ~15 miles from both nate and my house.
I did consider parting ways with 431 after the island closure news. Likely if island didnt reopen the car would have gone up for sale or parted. With a busy family and work life traveling 2 hours to the next nearest track was likely not going to happen - thus the reason the car hasn't made any passes this year.

I hope some of you guys can make it out to Island Dragway - they need the support if they are to remain open !

-Nelson

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts