The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3g master cylinder and brake booster?

LIV4PSI

I just want to make sure I'm buying the correct part, and also which one I should get. I know from researching I want a 1 1/16 bore, and it should be from a non abs, non traction control model. Any difference between 00-05 years? I planned on buying both the master cylinder and booster from Rock Auto. Prices range from $70 for Beck/Arnley and $200 for Raybestos. Is there any reason not to buy the cheaper one, or any of the other brands in between? Thanks in advance

Bonus question: what is the difference between a FWD non abs proportioning valve, and one for an AWD car with big brakes?

Ralli380Gvr4

I would also like to know what people recommend as I have been looking into this mod to accompany a 3000gt front upgrade.

89Mirageman

If you don't mind used, I have several 1-1/16" bore 3g MC's in my FS thread. Out of all the ones I've pulled I haven't noticed a difference in them.

click

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Thanks for the offer 89mirageman, but I try to stick with new parts. The main reason I started this thread was because some of the 3g master cylinders listed on Rock Autos website don't have the bore size listed. While some others are listed as a 11/16 bore. But I am starting to think it's a typo, and someone just forgot the space in between the ones. The only one that says 1 1/16 is the Raybestos, but I don't want to spend $200+ for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

89Mirageman

I think you're right. Like I said, every one that I've seen had the 1-1/16" bore MC. The 02-03 Galant had them too, might be able to find a new one on ebay cheaper.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts