The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

[Resolved] Door Locks Issue After Clutch Pedal Install

KiNgMaRtY

So I had my clutch pedal rebuilt by Shephard. After putting it back in and connecting all the sensors back, if I try to push my door locks down, they just pop right back up. I assume I must have missed something? What could I have left unconnected?

Last edited:

fuel

is this with the driver's door open or closed?

KiNgMaRtY

With the door opened they will not go down.
They will stay down with the door closed but the alarm green light will not come on

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Does your key buzzer make noise even when the key is pulled out? If the button in the ignition switch thinks there is a key in there, you won't be able to lock the doors if they're open. This is to prevent you locking the keys in the car, at least while they're in the ignition.

KiNgMaRtY

No it does not make noise when they key is out. They wont go down even with no key in the ignition

KiNgMaRtY

Also the car starts and drives, just the issue with the door locks (and the clutch pedal not being the issue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )
I will have to disconnect and connect all to make sure that they are tight. I was just wondering if there was a particular one that I should looking out for

mitsuturbo

The car starting and running actually has nothing to do with the "key inserted" button wiring. However, this button does tell the system that there is a key in the ignition, and not to allow the doors to lock while open.

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you for all the help! I pulled the cover around the ignition and followed the wiring to the harness that was indeed left unconnected. I found the the other connector tucked away and connected them. Issue resolved!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned