The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1862 runs 11.9@117

blackvr4

After my thread yesterday, I was a bit curious as to what my car would run. Well I took her out today to the local drag strip, was a bit of a pain to dial in the launch control without having crazy wheel spin.

Here is a video, with different 2step settings and the best run video.

click

Here is the link to the mods, not looking to break any records just trying to see if i can get it into the mid 11s.
click

nsin

That's an awesome Et! thats similar to my evo times. good goin!

4thStroke

I don't mean to sh*t up the thread, but for all the hype surrounding the bolt on HX setups, my feeling hold true for that combination. E85 16G setups have been running these times for a while now.

At any rate, street cars at this level are a ton of fun and relatively reliable if you have any sort of finesse. Where are you seeing peak boost at?

blackvr4

Hey man i dont mind you posting anything you want in my thread! I actually welcome any critique or question. I cant really speak for a 16G but I can speak for the holset, this holset in my car I got when it had about 170,000miles on it, it was never rebuilt or anything had no shaft play did not smoke. I put it on my 1g dsm and daily drove it for about 35,000-40,000 for about 5years running it at 30-33psi, never rebuilt it, took it off to upgrade to a bigger turbo. Still doesnt burn a single drop, if you do the math thats a turbo with over 200,000miles on it! I dont know many people running 11s on 16Gs with 200k on them, so i think part of the attraction to these turbos is longevity. I think running 11s for my first time ever at the track on this set up is pretty good, car is far from dialed in, its all street tuned by me which i spent all of 1hr doing.

As far as boost its hard to tell because i cant log it so i dont want to spit out a number out there just from watching the tach and boost gauge. But in my dsm with a 56mm hx40 with a 70ar i have logged 37psi by ~4800 in 3rd, smaller cams then the galant tho.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned