The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is anyone running an old school fp green

jnava

Staff member
If so, what's your thoughts about it. I just bought one and it will eventually get installed in the galant. Is lag an issue. The previous turbo, e316g did have some lag, but I recently upgraded from evo 9 core with stock plumbing to full gvr4 ets kit. If I'm going to have some lag, might as well have some due to a bigger turbo. At least the fmic core will be better utilized with the fp green.

James

Really you saw lag a noticeable amount of lag on the evo3?

Granted my 14b had a few cracks in it... The 16g hits 22psi at the same rpm as my 14b did. Maybe an unnoticeable 100-200 rpm difference.

I had a fp green on a 2g TSIAWD running 26psi. I loved it. It's a bit different than the 16g that's for sure. But I think you will like it.

turbowop

If you thought you had lag with a 16g, you're going to notice even more with an FPgreen. I ran one for years. It's a great turbo, and I didn't feel it was very laggy. Transient response between shifts kinda sucks, but it's otherwise very streetable, IMO. It's also hard to kill. It's one of the journal bearing turbos that FP used their monster thrust bearing in, so it's very durable. Run an oil line right from the OFH and don't bother to use a restrictor. It's one of the few turbos you can do that with.

jnava

Staff member
Thanks Mark, I know I have to kill the coolant lines and run oil from the OFH. The restrictor is one question I hadn't even thought about it. I know the 3052 and 65 are required but I wasn't at that point yet. I'm waiting on an o2 housing I sourced.

raptorWagon

You really felt lag with a 16G? I think you had issues if you were feeling lag with that turbo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

jnava

Staff member
In comparison to the 14b...yes.

Jesus_Negros

I gave my OG fp green to my friend he is using it on his circle track car at like 24psi and driving the sh*t out of it for the last two years. Before that it was on 28psi and over 400hp for a few hard years and the turbo is JUST now starting to show some wear. This thing is taking a beating and won't die. Very good and tough turbo. If I could find two I'd use em on my twin turbo v8 I want to build.

Last edited by a moderator:

blacksheep

Quoting jnava:
In comparison to the 14b...yes.

Umm...this the E3 16G I bought from you? Can you describe the lag. As in x psi boost by y rpm? Just wondering...Thanks for the turbo btw. Just sitting in my small but growing stockpile of parts.

jnava

Staff member
pmed you with a log.

James

Can that be public Info? I'm curious about it compared to my 16g

blacksheep

Quoting jnava:
pmed you with a log.

how do I read this log, juan? What can I open it with? Word, Excel, etc? Thanks

EDIT - its a .elg file if anyone knows what to open that with. Thanks!

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

^^^ with ecmlink perhaps...?

jnava

Staff member
KC, I thought you had link. Yeah, it's a ecmlink file of my log. Shows everything..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned