The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1989 Dodge Colt GT SOLD!

RWD4G63

I am selling my 1989 Dodge Colt GT. (original turbo car) 127k miles. 5sp, power steering, power mirrors. crank windows, no AC. (removed by previous owner).

I have to say, this car still makes me laugh everytime I drive it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I bought this car two years ago and have been daily driving it ever since. I had it re-painted the origional Black about a month after I bought it. The body is very clean with only a few very minor dings and chips. Mechanically this car is very good as well. I drive it all the time, and have even driven it the 500 miles to the DSM Shootout, twice. I would have no problem driving this car anywhere. The interior is relatively clean, the dash has two small cracks, there are a few small stains on the seats, and the stitching is coming apart on the drivers seat. The carpet is not in great shape, and if I were keeping the car, I would probably replace it.

I am asking $3800. I am willing to entertain any reasonable offer, however, I am in no rush to sell this car, and I think the asking price is very fair. The car is located in northern New Jersey about 15 from NYC. Clean Title in hand. Send me a PM if you're interested or call/text (914) 907-6067. Thanks for looking,

Dave

Engine:
Completely Stock 4G63 6-Bolt Long Block (approx 75k miles)
New Timing Belt, Balance Belt, Tensioner

Trans:
Stock 1991 FWD Eclipse 5speed
Centerforce DF Clutch

Exhaust:
95 Exhaust Manifold
14b Turbo
Full 2.5" Turbo-back exhaust with Borla XR-1 muffler. (exits in front of drivers-side rear tire)

Intake:
Evo-8 FMIC with 2.5" IC piping
Custom short route intake with K&N air filter

Fuel:
Walboro 255 Pump (wired directly to 12V)
Evo-8 560cc Injectors

Management:
Super AFC II - Black
GM MAF sensor in upper IC pipe
MAF Trabslator

Suspension/Wheels
Recently replaced GR2 Struts
Front Strut tower brace
15x7 Wheels
New Dunlop Direzza DZ-101 tires 205/50-15
New rear calipers/pads

Interior:
Autometer Cobalt 30 psi boost guage
Alpine Head Unit with iPod intergration.
All Alpine in car Speakers

Issues:
E-Brake cable needs to be replaced
Hood release plastic piece broken
2 cracks on top of dash
Idle surges occasionally
Trunk area has no carpet
Drivers seat stitching is coming apart (no tears)

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

i really really really really really wish i had money to pick this up! i had an '89 mirage with a 4G63 and a 16g... to all perspective buyers: it really will make you laugh every time you drive it! GLWS!!!

5OF2k

This thing is awesome, love these lil CSMs! I couldn't fathom this thing with my T67 setup on it LOL!

-Jake

RWD4G63

I might, for either a comparable GVR4 or a pick up truck with a 5000lb or better tow rating.

NateCrisman

Interested in a 2004 durango hemi awd?

RWD4G63

Any trade I would consider would be either a straight up trade, or a very small amount of money changing hands. A 2004 Hemi Durango sounds like they might be pretty far apart in pricing... What are you looking to get??

Last edited:

onesickcrx

I've been in this car few times runs and drives well and looks great in person... I like that your looking for a for a truck that can tow 5000+ pounds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

NateCrisman

Quoting RWD4G63:
Any trade I would consider would be either a straight up trade, or a very small amount of money changing hands. A 2004 Hemi Durango sounds like they might be pretty far apart in pricing... What are you looking to get??

Well, lets talk, we are closer than you think. The truck is high mileage and "not perfect" cosmetically. I'm not towing parts cars anymore since taking a day job and I really need a MPG car for commuting.

Shoot me back your phone # via pm. I'll call you today.

Chi271

Beautiful black gt colt!! I just sold my original 89 gt in white for $3000, completely rust free but needed small body work, and paint. None the less, I wouldn't accept anything under $3500 for yours. It's badass, good luck with sale.

RWD4G63

Thanks guys! It's a little discouraging when I keep getting texts from people offering $2000-$2500. I am reasonable, but not that reasonable... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

strokin4dr

Nice car. Definitely worth every penny you are asking.

RWD4G63

Sold!
To the first person who saw it in person!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts