The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear diff

James

I guess it's cool when you stick your finger in the check whole and can't feel any fluid -_-

It should comes right to the bolt hole right?

5OF2k

yes.

James

Yea there wasn't even any fluid on the back side of the bolt when I took it out.

EHmotorsports

If that's the case I would do every fluid you have. Just to make sure you have the proper fluid but also to make sure you have fluid.

James

That's the plan! Since I have a 2000+ mile drive starting tomorrow.

Evo3 16g was just put on. New o2 sensor, plugs, wires, new oil. And now I guess new MT fluid and diff fluid

EHmotorsports

Nice!! Don't forget the transfer case;) haha

GSX_TC

That's a diff locking up story right there, good thing you caught it early. I recommend Redline Shockproof in the rear diff and transfer case and redline MTL for the transmission.

5OF2k

Yessir, redline lightweight shockproof for the xfer case and rear, and MT90 for the trans or E9 diaqueen from the stealership is your best bet. click

Hope that helps!

-Jake

matt92vr4

I had an xcase lock up at 120. That was noisy to say the least lol. I had unknowingly cracked it the night before at the drag strip. All of the fluid leak out over night. Then driving home the next day I was hauling ass and suddenly came to a screeching smoky stop. Car was stuck in the middle of the road on a bridge lol. People were all pissed off yelling at me to push it off of the road. That sucker wasn't going anywhere. Very dangerous. Fortunately I did not hit anything as I had absolutely no control.

Dragged it onto the flatbed with the wench. When we got it home it was stuck on the flat bed. We had to put soap all over the flatbed and bounce the car off with the hydraulics.

The aluminum portion of the xcase had melted into the shaft and gears and then hardened. Pretty crazy. Anyways, definitely check your fluids hehe.

BpuVR4

James, could you tell you were low on diff fluid, or did you just catch it by chance?

James

By chance. I can hear a small wobble notice so I was under the car checked axles and decided to check the fluid while I was down tere

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts