The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TX2K13 March 14-17th 2013 Sealy, TX

GSX_TC

So anyone on here planning to attend this once a year oppurtuinity? Me and my friend Robin will be out there in our VR4's again, incase you missed it, here is my thread with pics from last years event. click

heres the main event page click

<b>TX2K13 – Presented by MVP Motorsports</b>

<b>Thursday March 14, 2013 - Drivers Education Event at Texas World Speedway</b>

Gates Open: 7:30 am

Mandatory Driver’s Meeting: 8:30 am

First Cars On Track: 9:00 am

Cost per Car: $225 via cash, check or MO. If you wish to send me payment, please PM me and I will respond with my address. You can also use paypal…paypal $232 to [email protected] (NON REFUNDABLE – however if your plans change you can sell your spot to someone else). No charge for spectators.

Transponder Cost per Car: TO BE DETERMINED

Each driver will get ATLEAST 2 hours of track time…

Classes and Format:

Beginner – if you’ve never run a road course before or if you feel like you need an instructor in your car to teach you the track. It will be up to the instructor to allow you to run alone and to decide if you are qualified enough to do so.

Advanced – if you have 3 previous SCCA or other sanctioned body road course/driver’s education events under your belt. This class is also for those that would like a transponder and would like to be part of the time attack event.

ALL ADVANCED DRIVER’S WILL NEED TO VOLUNTEER TO INSTRUCT BEGINNERS.

*****We must have 30 PAID drivers by 2/1/13 in order for this event to happen, sign up now!!!!!

Time Attack Details:

At the end of the day, those who have paid for a transponder (info coming) will have a chance to run the time attack. The fastest 5 cars will battle it out at the end of the day for the time attack 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies.

OK, I think I’ve covered everything here, please feel free to post any questions and please get your money in ASAP!!!!

Entrants Paid To Date (11/9/12)

1. John Munsey – GTR – Advanced
2. Steve Russell – GTR – Advanced
3. Daniel MacFadden – M3 – Advanced

<b>Friday March 15, 2013 - Dyno Day</b>

The dyno day for TX2K13 will once again be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com) The dyno day event will mirror the TX2K10 and TX2K11 dyno day…first come first serve, 2 dyno’s will be going at the same time (one is an AWD dyno for GTR’s, AWD 911&amp;#8242;s, EVO’s, STi’s, etc…and one is a standard dynojet), Anna Comingore will hold the dyno list…sponsors will be able to reserve dyno time. Last year we ended up dyno’ing around 55 cars and I plan to do the same this year. Cost to dyno – NOTHING, it’s free like always…

Directions:
From the host hotel, go WEST on I-10, stay on I-10 WEST for approximately 40-45 miles. Exit Beckendorf Road (Exit 713) and follow signs to LMP.

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

Cost: cost to enter gates for the day is $20/person and is payable at the gate.

Food: concessions will be open all day

Gates open at 8:30 am, we will dyno from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

<b>Friday March 15, 2013 - Night Meet</b>

The NIGHT MEET for TX2K13 will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com) While I recognize the location is not ideal, it’s the only place where we can control access in/out, where we can police the parking lot to make sure that we are safe and that our cars are safe, where we can offer a bikini contest with no limit on noise, where we can still serve beer (they have a license to serve), where we can serve food…and ultimately where we can keep the type of clientele we don’t want…out. The event will continue to be heavily supported and sponsored by HoustonPerformanceDriving.com , KP Racing (Knight Performance, LLC) as well as a few other sponsors that are going to step up to make this event happen. This year we will have the following:

1. Bikini contest
2. Beer/Food (we are working with Hooters and possibly Twin Peaks to have them serve food)
3. Live band
4. Burnout contest with the prize being $250 (feel free to burnout in a SAFE environment where no one can get hurt and even win some $)
5. Motorcycle stunting exhibition

Directions:
From the host hotel, go WEST on I-10, stay on I-10 WEST for approximately 40-45 miles. Exit Beckendorf Road (Exit 713) and follow signs to LMP.

Cost: cost to enter gates for the day is $20/person and is payable at the gate. You will be able to buy a 4 event pass on Friday morning that will get you in the Hennessey gate and will allow you to bypass the line at the main gate.

Food: concessions will be open

Gates open at 9:00 pm, band will start at 10 pm, bikini contest will start at 11:00 pm and we will have the burnout contest and stunting competition mixed in. We will shut down at 1:00 am. I will update as more details become available.

<b>Saturday March 16, 2013 - Qualifying, test-n-tune and roll racing at Lonestar Motorsports Park</b>

Just like last 2 years, the plan will be to have test-n-tune and 2 rounds of qualifying on Saturday. 3 years ago the test-n-tune got rained out and so I’m building in that same buffer for 2012. Best case we will have 2-days of drag racing, worst case, only 1 like in 2010. If by chance rain ruins one of the days, the schedule will change accordingly and will be posted at LMP.

Also, instead of doing a stand-alone 60-130 event, i will have v-boxes available for you to use if you’d like to do some 60-130 runs. This will be available on a first come first serve basis and will be free of charge. The only caveat…you break the box, you buy it.

Directions:

The track will open at 10:00 am on Saturday morning. The track will go hot at 11:00 am and drag racing will continue until 5:00 pm. The schedule on this day will consist of test-n-tune, 2 rounds of qualifying for the next day’s eliminations and 60-130 runs if you so wish.

Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP on Saturday. Racers will be able to purchase a “2-day tech card” on Saturday (NON-REFUNDABLE if you break on Saturday) for $80 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter). If a racer only wants to run on Sunday, the tech cards will be the same price as last year, $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

Food: concessions will be open all day

Sunday Schedule: the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 4:00 pm we will have 1 round of qualifying and eliminations. Schedule will be as follows:

10:00 am – qualifying pass 1 (test-n-tune after)
12:00 pm – eliminations round 1 (test-n-tune after)
1:30 pm – eliminations round 2 (test-n-tune after)
3:00 pm – eliminations round 3 (test-n-tune after)
4:00 pm – final round eliminations
There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

Supra MK1 – MK3 MODIFIED CLASS – of note, this will be the only MK1-MK3 class as participation has dwindled and it no longer makes sense to have 2 classes here
-Max Turbo size 78 on 7M, 1J, 2J
-Nitrous Allowed
-Any Tire Allowed (no tub jobs though, fender rolling ok)
-Any Tranny Allowed
-Open DP Allowed
-Standalones Allowed

Supra Class 3 (TURBO STREET)
Turbocharger inducer size of 72mm and less allowed. Stock Twin Allowes. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. NITROUS permitted. Methanol injection permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. MK1-MK3&amp;#8242;s are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Supra Class 4 (TURBO PRO)
Turbocharger inducer size of 82mm and less allowed. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. Car must retain full interior, IRS and run gasoline as it’s main fuel (methanol injection permitted). No air shifted transmissions or other make transmissions allowed other than those listed above. NITROUS permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. No W tires allowed. MK1-MK3&amp;#8242;s are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Supra Class 5 (UNLIMITED)
Multiple power adders allowed. Gasoline and methanol permitted as primary fuel. Not required to run full interior (can be stripped), however it must retain IRS. Any transmission ok with the exception of air shifted transmissions. W tires allowed with a maximum size of 10.5W. All other tires allowed.

Supra Class 6 (STICK SHIFT Challenge)
Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me at the gate when you get to LMP. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rule is that you must run an H pattern factory based transmission, no automatics allowed, any car make/model allowed.

GTR Class 1: Stock turbo, bolt ons only
GTR Class 2: Stock turbo housings, aftermarket internals allowed, all other bolt ons allowed
GTR Class 3: UNLIMITED

Street Car Class – LATE MODEL

This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche’s, Vipers, Supra’s, Camaro’s, Mustang’s, etc…

The rules:
–this class applies to cars that are 2007 and OLDER
–carpet, both front seats and door panels required
–inspection sticker required (in the state you live in)
–radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
–stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
–no tire rule
–no fuel rule
–no power adder rule

Street Car Class – MODERN CAR

This class will be administered by a sponsor that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche’s, Vipers, Supra’s, Camaro’s, Mustang’s, etc…

The rules:
–this class applies to cars that are 2008 and NEWER
–stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
–no tire rule
–no fuel rule
–no power adder rule
–full exhaust required (cut-outs are ok), exhaust must exit in factory location

<b>Sunday March 17, 2013 - Eliminations at the drag strip at Lonestar Motorsports Park</b>

Sunday Schedule: the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 4:00 pm we will have 1 round of qualifying and eliminations. Schedule will be as follows:

10:00 am – qualifying pass 1 (test-n-tune after)
12:00 pm – eliminations round 1 (test-n-tune after)
1:30 pm – eliminations round 2 (test-n-tune after)
3:00 pm – eliminations round 3 (test-n-tune after)
4:00 pm – final round eliminations
There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

Supra MK1 – MK3 MODIFIED CLASS – of note, this will be the only MK1-MK3 class as participation has dwindled and it no longer makes sense to have 2 classes here
-Max Turbo size 78 on 7M, 1J, 2J
-Nitrous Allowed
-Any Tire Allowed (no tub jobs though, fender rolling ok)
-Any Tranny Allowed
-Open DP Allowed
-Standalones Allowed

Supra Class 3 (TURBO STREET)
Turbocharger inducer size of 72mm and less allowed. Stock Twin Allowes. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. NITROUS permitted. Methanol injection permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. MK1-MK3&amp;#8242;s are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Supra Class 4 (TURBO PRO)
Turbocharger inducer size of 82mm and less allowed. Toyota 5 or 6-speed, factory/built Toyota automatic or TH350-400 transmissions permitted. Car must retain full interior, IRS and run gasoline as it’s main fuel (methanol injection permitted). No air shifted transmissions or other make transmissions allowed other than those listed above. NITROUS permitted. Drag radials or slicks are acceptable. No W tires allowed. MK1-MK3&amp;#8242;s are ok to run in this class as long as they meet the requirements as posted.

Supra Class 5 (UNLIMITED)
Multiple power adders allowed. Gasoline and methanol permitted as primary fuel. Not required to run full interior (can be stripped), however it must retain IRS. Any transmission ok with the exception of air shifted transmissions. W tires allowed with a maximum size of 10.5W. All other tires allowed.

Supra Class 6 (STICK SHIFT Challenge)
Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me at the gate when you get to LMP. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rule is that you must run an H pattern factory based transmission, no automatics allowed, any car make/model allowed.

GTR Class 1: Stock turbo, bolt ons only
GTR Class 2: Stock turbo housings, aftermarket internals allowed, all other bolt ons allowed
GTR Class 3: UNLIMITED

Street Car Class – LATE MODEL

The rules:
–this class applies to cars that are 2007 and OLDER
–no tire rule
–no fuel rule
–no power adder rule

Street Car Class – MODERN CAR

The rules:
–this class applies to cars that are 2008 and NEWER
–no tire rule
–no fuel rule
–no power adder rule
–full exhaust required (cut-outs are ok), exhaust must exit in factory location

See yall there guy! =)

Redwood

if it wasnt so far away i would have to check this out. i saw video on last years TX2k. lots of really nice cars there. looked to be really cool. just like 24 hour drive to get there. no biggie.. lol

GSX_TC

I'll take lots of pics and video for the ones that can't go.

Redwood

yea im kinda surprised you havent became a photographer yet. as much as you take photos of everything.

GSX_TC

futurama-fry-billy-west.jpg

Lol can't tell if being funny or serious.

Last edited:

Redwood

lmao... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif that is a great picture. see you could go pro.. lol no i was being serious, if its something you have funn doing and if you no how to take good picture it might be something to look into. you could end up one day taking photos of playmate or something how sweet would that be..

GSX_TC

As much as I love to take photo's, I couldn't see myself doing it for a living. I already have two good jobs that I work at that I like to do. If there was some way they could hire me for brief stuff, that would be cool. Until then I'm ok With doing it for fun. I would like to get a better camera though.

Last edited:

Redwood

lol yea for sure. you might hae to travel way to much for that. lol a nice camera would be sweet tho.

all i have to say is that its way to slow today at work and i have played on the computer all day long looking at parts, for my car. hopefully soon i can start putting her all back together.

GSX_TC

haha yeah i do that too, i look at parts that i want for the future then snap a pic of it so i'll remember extactly what i wanted months later. =)

GSX_TC

Ok guys, whoever is going to the dyno day on that friday (March 15th) lets plan to meet up and roll out there early i have a few people rolling with me, we can meet up at the shell gas station located off i10 and kirkwood around 830am that morning, that gives people a chance to gas up before heading out there, plus it starts at 930 so hopefully we can get there early enough to get good parking. shoot me a text at 713 534 2023 if you have any questions

See ya'll there!

Mike

GSX_TC

Change of plans, we're meeting at the kroger where they have E85 off 1705 Fry road in Katy TX at 8am Friday march 15th.

GSX_TC

Now for the pics, Enjoy.

IMG_5093_zpsaf5fd774.jpg

IMG_5095_zps76d540c8.jpg

IMG_5096_zps8a5a766c.jpg

IMG_5098_zpsc01a0b06.jpg

IMG_5100_zps7e82a230.jpg

IMG_5101_zps12e1a610.jpg

IMG_5105_zpsee9d1a3f.jpg

IMG_5106_zpsb7f4a5ba.jpg

IMG_5110_zps13c9b2de.jpg

IMG_5111_zps7d2348c8.jpg

IMG_5112_zps3f3ba1c9.jpg

IMG_5113_zps29ac59c8.jpg

IMG_5114_zps545da3e7.jpg

IMG_5115_zpsc9141216.jpg

IMG_5116_zps44da67d0.jpg

IMG_5119_zps51c255b2.jpg

GSX_TC

IMG_5122_zps8444bdfd.jpg

IMG_5123_zps87643b0e.jpg

IMG_5124_zps6959a4c9.jpg

IMG_5127_zpsd33c3e0f.jpg

IMG_5128_zpsf7caa54e.jpg

IMG_5131_zps5c2842f0.jpg

IMG_5132_zps5fdba236.jpg

IMG_5133_zps686ce557.jpg

IMG_5134_zpsb3a37d58.jpg

GSX_TC

IMG_5135_zpsce87fba6.jpg

IMG_5140_zps9898a898.jpg

IMG_5142_zpsf466a93f.jpg

IMG_5148_zps081555e8.jpg

IMG_5149_zpsa4188362.jpg

IMG_5155_zps9d86889b.jpg

IMG_5156_zps16334d51.jpg

IMG_5159_zpsdccfdf70.jpg

IMG_5157_zpsc6aa802a.jpg

IMG_5162_zps49e6a0f6.jpg

IMG_5163_zps641efcb7.jpg

IMG_5164_zps3894e282.jpg

IMG_5168_zpsaaa44d32.jpg

GSX_TC

IMG_5191_zpsd78cf7c9.jpg

IMG_5192_zpscd2bdbfb.jpg

IMG_5193_zps54876072.jpg

IMG_5194_zps2468900f.jpg

IMG_5195_zpsa32be699.jpg

IMG_5196_zps2ac6ae79.jpg

IMG_5197_zps64612c85.jpg

IMG_5198_zpscd07413e.jpg

IMG_5199_zpsa628be17.jpg

IMG_5200_zpsc5e11cd3.jpg

IMG_5201_zpsfce25fdc.jpg

IMG_5202_zpsa323da1e.jpg

IMG_5203_zps93aab914.jpg

IMG_5204_zps73419b18.jpg

IMG_5205_zps7364f3d2.jpg

IMG_5206_zpse51fc5d8.jpg

IMG_5207_zpsada3f1ec.jpg

GSX_TC

IMG_5208_zps06620609.jpg

IMG_5209_zps62a8cf25.jpg

IMG_5213_zps5b9907b1.jpg

IMG_5214_zps84c22013.jpg

IMG_5217_zpsf1901248.jpg

IMG_5218_zpsc807ff7a.jpg

IMG_5220_zps75816fc6.jpg

IMG_5221_zps81ea04e2.jpg

IMG_5222_zps29004663.jpg

IMG_5223_zpsfbd6ea8f.jpg

IMG_5226_zpsbd7e17e6.jpg

IMG_5227_zps337195e7.jpg

IMG_5231_zps81263b76.jpg

IMG_5232_zps6beb994c.jpg

IMG_5233_zps31a8c66e.jpg

IMG_5234_zps9934ff1e.jpg

IMG_5235_zps16239df1.jpg

IMG_5236_zps6307140a.jpg

GSX_TC

IMG_5241_zps82eac0ca.jpg

IMG_5243_zps9d8975d5.jpg

IMG_5247_zps322ece4f.jpg

IMG_5248_zps07ff114b.jpg

IMG_5249_zps7572c20e.jpg

IMG_5250_zpsf2c05b6b.jpg

IMG_5251_zpsbcd42708.jpg

IMG_5253_zpse56f94a4.jpg

IMG_5254_zpsb35c7931.jpg

IMG_5258_zps33e6b4bf.jpg

IMG_5259_zps8bf82c5e.jpg

IMG_5260_zps1a85135f.jpg

IMG_5261_zps67c2ff50.jpg

IMG_5262_zpsac1108a3.jpg

IMG_5267_zpsb1dadc75.jpg

IMG_5268_zps319556e9.jpg

IMG_5269_zpsa506a4fb.jpg

IMG_5274_zps80b4b10b.jpg

GSX_TC

IMG_5279_zps6a3b88bd.jpg

IMG_5276_zpsbc58445c.jpg

IMG_5273_zpsd2e593dd.jpg

IMG_5280_zps1793f103.jpg

IMG_5278_zpsbf13c810.jpg

IMG_5277_zps1a81d142.jpg

IMG_5281_zpse215c2ac.jpg

IMG_5282_zps22d865ee.jpg

IMG_5283_zps8529e302.jpg

IMG_5285_zps2b726cb8.jpg

IMG_5284_zpsc792a24b.jpg

IMG_5286_zps7ab5dcd2.jpg

IMG_5287_zps005ee373.jpg

IMG_5288_zps73323693.jpg

IMG_5289_zpsd75e230a.jpg

IMG_5290_zps86bbb92d.jpg

IMG_5291_zps25744007.jpg

IMG_5292_zps06a0397e.jpg

IMG_5293_zps61948e93.jpg

IMG_5294_zpsb1d662be.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts