The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

21st Annual DSM/EVO Shootout 2013 Aug 16-18 Norwalk, Ohio

GSX_TC

Well guys, the next one has been set already, August 16th, 17th, and 18th which are a Friday, Saturday and Sunday of course. I have a whole year to plan for this and so do ya'll. I have the built motor motor up and running in mine which was the hard part, now i get to just better it from here on. so hopefully by shootout time i should be a very happy camper haha anyways, heres all the info posted by Dave Buschur himself. So who all thinks they are going this year? maybe we can get a bunch of VR4's to cruise out there together?

Cheers
Mike

PRESENTED BY: BUSCHUR RACING

THREE DAYS OF SHOOTOUT FUN FOR 2013

DYNO COMPETITION
-FRIDAY, August 16th. 9 am-5pm, rain or shine.
-Buschur Racing, 24 West Main St., Wakeman, Ohio 44889
-Local streets will be closed down for the car show/dyno day, it's something you have to see!
-All day dyno competition. $50 for three pulls. No tuning. Mitsubishi powered vehicles only. AWD only.
-Stock Appearing turbo Dyno King and BIG turbo Dyno King trophies awarded.
-From 9am-3pm the event food will be offered from K&S Concessions.
-Friday night test and tune open to all types of cars at Summit Motorsports Park. Gates open at 4:30 pm, racing from 6pm-11pm. $12 race or watch.
-You can enter the track Friday and pay for your entire weekend, you will receive a wrist band for the weekend.
-EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO ENTERS THE TRACK WILL RECEIVE A COLOR CODED WRIST BAND TO SHOW WHAT DAYS HE HAS PAID FOR. YOU MUST WEAR THE CORRECT WRIST BAND AT ALL TIMES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT WITHOUT A WRIST BAND YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY AGAIN TO BE AT THE TRACK. THE TRACK HAS PERSONNEL CHECKING CONSTANTLY THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.
-The wrist band is a big convenience, you can come and go from the track as you wish all three days if you have a 3 day band.
-Showers are available for $4 from 4:30pm-11pm Friday, 7am-closing on Saturday and Sunday.
-There is NO fee for camping but you MUST buy a multi-day wrist band to be permitted to stay overnight.
-Concession stands will be open until 11 pm Friday night and until races are done on Saturday and Sunday.

Cost for entry is $12 race or watch Friday night. Saturday, $15 spectator, $35 single day drag race, $65 Sat/Sun drag race, $65 Max Effort, $35 Autocross only. To calculate your multi-day wrist band cost, simply add up the cost of each option you want to do. Children 12 and under free. USA active duty/reserve military free with ID.

AUTOCROSS AND DRAG RACING
-SATURDAY, August 17th. Gates open from 9am-9 pm, RAIN or SHINE.

**SAFETY RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED IN 2013!
-NOBODY will be permitted along the track past 330', there will be barricades. IF you are past the barricades the racing will be stopped, you will be asked to leave the track without a refund.

-Anyone running quicker than 13.99 will be subject to the rules below. IF you are caught without the required safety equipment you will be DISQUALIFIED without a refund.

13.99-11.00: Helmet, jeans, shoes, long sleeved cotton shirt.

10.99-9.99: Helmet, jeans, shoes, fire jacket

9.99 and quicker, APPROVED helmet, fire pants, shoes and fire jacket.

-Autocross/Max Effort from 9am-3pm
-Time Trials from 3:30-7 pm
-1st round qualifier for ALL HEADS-UP drag classes at 7 pm.

-MANDATORY autocross drivers meeting at 10 am followed with course walk and then racing will start immediately after that.
-Workers are hired to work the course. Racers do not have to work the course and can relax and enjoy the day!
-Autocross competitors names and times are broadcast on 89.5 FM.
-This will be a FULL size parking lot autocross!

AUTOCROSS ONLY CLASSES
-There are two AUTOCROSS only classes, OS and OR.
-All vehicles on 140+ tread wear street tires will compete in OS.
-All vehicles on 139 and less tread wear tires will compete in OR.
-Karts and tube chassis/kit cars will compete in OR regardless of the tire it is running.
-Put your class and last three digits from your tech card on your windshield and both sides of the side windows.
-Any tires that do NOT have a visible tread wear rating or DOT stamp on them will be considered a race tire.

ECM TUNING sponsored-MAX EFFORT
-The Max Effort class combines autocrossing and drag racing. The autocross and drags are held on Saturday for Max Effort.
-You will need to read the classes listed below and pick the class your car fits into.
-Your best 1/4 mile ET will be combined with your best autocross time at the end of the day for a total time which will place you and determine the winner in each class.
-The tire you choose must be used for both the autocross and drag racing portions.
-Street tires ONLY, NO race tires or tires with tread wear under 140! ANY DOT 140+ tread wear rating tire OK.
-Any tires that do NOT have a visible tread wear rating or DOT stamp on them will be considered illegal.
-Owner of the car must drive the car in both events, NO other drivers permitted.
-All DSM's, Ralliarts or other Mitsubishi powered shootout legal vehicles will compete in DSM.
-All EVO's will compete in EVO.
-Put your class and last three digits from your tech card on your windshield and both sides of the side windows. (MD or ME)
-You will get 3 drag passes to post your best 1/4 mile ET to then be added to your best autocross time for scoring.
-MAX EFFORT will be run in two seperate groups, ME and MD. Immediately following your autocross runs the first group that runs (whether it be ME or MD) will proceed immediately to the staging lanes to run their three drag passes. Then as soon as the second group is finished they will go to the staging lanes for their three runs. This will save a lot of time and allow guys who also want to run a heads up class qualifier at 7 pm to prep their cars. These drag passes are mandatory for scoring!

DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT DRAG RACES
SUNDAY, August 18th. Gates open at 8 am-? rain or shine.
-Summit Motorsports Park, Budweiser/pit side of the track.
-Car and driver entry fee is $35. Spectator entry fee is $15. Active/reserve military free with ID. Kids 12 and under are free.
-Time trials from 9am until noon and as time permits throughout the day.
-Show up rain or shine, the rain date IF it rains out is the very next day, Monday the 20th.
-Second and third qualifier for ALL HEADS UP classes at 10 am and 12 pm.
-First round of racing for all classes is at 1 pm.
-Final round for all classes 5 pm.
-FILL OUT YOUR TECH CARDS NEATLY AND COMPLETELY. Failure to do so will result in NOT receiving ANY prizes for your win!! Tech cards must be turned in at the rear of the staging lanes before you make your first pass.
-Your class designation goes on the windshield followed by the number on your tech card. Class designations are listed in parenthesis next to the class names below. This is your class/car number for the day.
-Any Mitsubishi powered vehicle can run at the shootout as long as it has either the original engine in the car (Genesis Coupe, 420A, 1.8 liter Mitsu, 4B11T, Stealth-3000GT, 3 liter Mitsu V6 etc.) or is powered by any one of these Mitsu engines. Cars NOT powered by a 4G63 or 4B11T MUST run in either Bracket 1 or Bracket 2.
-All classes will be run on a Pro tree/Pro Ladder with the exception of Bracket 1 & 2 which will be Sportsman tree.
-ALL competitors who run quicker than a 11.49-3.99 are required to wear a DOT approved helmet, long pants, shoes and a long sleeved shirt. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. All competitors that are running from 9.99-11.49 are required to wear DOT approved helmet, long pants, shoes and a fire jacket. 9.99 and below are required to have a full fire jacket, fire pants, shoes and DOT approved helmet. ANYONE CAUGHT WITHOUT THE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WITH NO REFUND.
-Awards are held immediately following the finals for the last class run. Awards are held at the customer service office. If you fail to come to the awards presentation you forfeit your award(s) and prize money.

GENERAL RULES
-NO nitrous allowed in any class except for TT, B1, B2 and Quick.
-DSE, ESA and EE are classes designed for street cars. These classes are required to run: mirrors, headlights, wipers, full body panels, full interior and full exhaust.
-Full interior includes EVERYTHING except for the trunk area. If you have a roll bar/cage that makes it impossible to re-install the back seats or some interior trim pieces that is OK. Full exhaust means an exhaust that exits the rear of the vehicle and has a muffler in the system.

PEER TECH
-Tech for each class is done by your peers in your class.
-All cars will report to the staging lanes before the first round of racing. At this time all hoods will be opened and each participant in each class can walk through THEIR designated staging lane and inspect their opponents cars. IF you find something illegal, report it to a tech or BR employee who will also be in the staging lanes at that time.
-You must be a RACER in the same class to protest a vehicle.
-If you are found to be illegal for a class before the first round you can move to another class you fit into or make an immediate change.
-If you are found to be illegal during eliminations you will be disqualified with NO REFUND. READ THE RULES.

DSM ELIMINATOR(DSE)
-Qualifying at 7pm Saturday, Sunday at 10 am and 12 pm.
-Heads up class, Pro Tree, qualifying and ladder. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-Any 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant VR4
-This is for any DSM that wants to run heads-up.
-ANY DOT tire.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, DSE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

STOCK APPEARING TURBO (SAT)
-Heads up class, Pro Tree, qualifying and ladder. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-This class is for stock appearing turbo vehicles, ANY vehicle chassis, no tube chassis'.
-Three rules for this class. All body panels must be run. The turbo on your 1g/2g DSM/EVO MUST appear to be a stock turbo for ANY 1G, 2G DSM or EVO and NO nitrous.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, SAT followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)
-Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's and X's only.
-Car must retain stock appearing intake manifold. Stock appearing turbo. Sheet metal 02 housings with recirculating or open dumps OK. Full exhaust is required. Intercooler, intercooler plumbing, MAF inlet, air filter, battery kits are all OK for this class. Good example of a legal appearing car is a Buschur Racing Stage 4 EVO. Beyond those mods the car will not pass for stock appearing. NO nitrous. DOT RADIAL TIRE ONLY. NO tread wear rating limits. Stock location headers are OK. No half radiators.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, ESA followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

KIGGLY RACING sponsored EVO ELIMINATOR (EE)
-Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's and X's only.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, EE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-ANY DOT approved tire, NO slicks.

BRACKET 1 (B1)
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running between 0-12.99 seconds.
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B1 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-NO delay boxes or throttle stops permitted.

BRACKET 2 (B2)
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running 13.00 and slower.
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B2 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-NO delay boxes or throttle stops permitted.

FUEL INJECTOR CLINIC sponsored-QUICK 16 (Q16)
-Heads up. Anything goes as long as it is Shootout legal powered. NO tube chassis cars. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, Q16 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-Any one who doesn't qualify can can move to another class their car is LEGAL to run in.

TEST AND TUNE (TT)
-This class is being put into effect for those of you that just want to make some passes with your car and are not interested in competing.
-Time Trials will be run in between class runs and when time permits.
-There are NO rules for this class.
-ANY vehicle will be allowed to make time trials during the day, even your rental car.
-You do have to purchase a tech card and pay for car and driver entry when you come in the gate.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, TT followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-ALL ROTARIES MUST RUN A MUFFLER OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RUN.
-Tube chassis cars, RWD's etc., are all welcome to run in this class for testing or exhibition purposes.

SPONSORS AND VENDORS

*ECMTuning-Max Effort "ECMTuning, engine management that makes sense. ECMLink has the power you need with the ease of use you want."

*FUEL INJECTOR CLINIC

Recommended Local Hotels

**Motel 6-SPECIAL SHOOTOUT RATES, THEY WANT THE ENTIRE HOTEL SOLD OUT TO US!! 419-499-8001
Rates for Motel 6
16th, $46.74
17th and 18th, $80.74
19th, $38.24

All American Inn and Suites 419-663-1922
Best Western 419-663-3501
Econolodge 419-668-5656
Super 8 419-499-4671
Red Roof Inn 419-499-4347
Quality Inn 419-499-4681

LIV4PSI

You know I'll be there.

GSX_TC

Well that's 2 GVR4's so far haha.

LIV4PSI

Lofty's not on here much, but I almost guarantee he will bring that blue monstrosity.

MellowVR4

im really gona try to make it.

GSX_TC

my new years resolution was to go this year so im gonna try so hard to make this happen and plan extra early in advance, got my hotel room booked and everything. motel 6 is all booked btw so dont even bother calling. i wanted to go stay there this year due to the low rate they are gonna have but they were booked before it wasa even 2013 Lol

LIV4PSI

I suggest the cabins at the Milan campsite for anyone who is on a budget. More money for beer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Redwood

well hopefully my car will be all back together by this event. i will sure be there.

I plan to go again this year. Last year was a good time and we camped at the track. I'm currently running about 18psi on my HX35 setup but I hope to have it up to about 25psi by then. So hopefully laying down some 11's. I think there were only 5-6 VR4's there so it would be cool to see more, maybe have a little cruise or something. . .

GSX_TC

When I went there was about 7 or so but 2 didnt park next to us, so hopefully this year we can break into the double digits with GVR4 attendance. I would like to not only photograph all the VR4's together but I would like to take a picture of each owner in front of their cars. I'm also liking this cruise idea as well.

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

Last edited:

Redwood

hell yea we need to see like 20 of the vr4 lined up this year there. that would be pretty damn sweet.

this cruise idea is a good idea as well all meet up at the event and then go for a little stroll.

thecman02

Of course I'll be going. Hope to actually have my car hold together for shootout too. Doing major changes a couple days before shootout was foolish haha. The old girl should be looking good with fresh paint and some more engine goodies.

citymunky

I want to make it, but I will not know if I can until June or so.

GSX_TC

Well I hope y'all can go, because I would like to meet y'all in person. It's soo cool to converse with other GVR4 guys over the forums then finally meet them in person one day. The shootout is The single one thing I really look forward to every year, and I love making that 20+ hour drive in my car. This year I'll be spending a few hundred bucks on getting the front of the car clear bra'd. I learned my lesson last time and had rock chips all over the place lol. I have Turbowop's old lip on the car now and really don't wanna mess that thing up, especially since it came off of 1051 =)

LIV4PSI

Quoting thecman02:
Of course I'll be going. Hope to actually have my car hold together for shootout too. Doing major changes a couple days before shootout was foolish haha. The old girl should be looking good with fresh paint and some more engine goodies.

I bet having to learn how to use a twin disc the night before was a little scary. Whether it broke or not, you probably had the nicest GVR4 there last year.

GSX-TC, I feel bad for failing you on the group photo last year. Especially because I love seeing 1501 in the above pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It looks so much better in photos than it does in person.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

No problem man, that's why I like to gather everyone up and take pics, I'll get us all rounded up this year and take good pics of all our cars lined up. I even have signs and cones, to keep other cars from parking around the GVR4 section haha.

Redwood

ooooh that is awesome Mike. got have that rare car section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Lol it's just to make sure that nobody else parks in our lineup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gizmovr4

Hmmm - never been to the shoot out. Sounds like a good time !! 431 will attend this year and represent in the street class !! Since the car will be in street trim I will also meet up and cruise with the vr4s. I look forward to meeting some of you guys !!

I will drag Nate with me and his car code name "crabby"

LIV4PSI

I can't wait to watch your car makes some passes in person Gizmo. Hopefully it stays together until August, you never know with cars that fast.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts