The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Espelir Springs on Evo8 suspension

PlatypusOfFury

Curious on these...

Read in some of the "How-To" that some people use them, and love them.
Do they require cutting down for the VR4? or are they good to pop on and go?
I've got cut Tein's, they look like crap and would rather put something in uncut if possible.

also, ASD or GT version?

thanks!

asmo

They should be good, I deff would'nt cut them, the espelir gt look to be 1.8" drop that should be good, about an 1" higher than cut tein's I would bet, I had the evo swifts at 1.6", uncut they were almost perfect height espelir should be close to the same.
I now have evo 2" tein s-tech's on mine, uncut they are pretty low. I bet the cut tein's must suck and ride on the bump stops constantly.
My uncut teins actually seem a little lower than 2" and only have about 2 inches of travel left in front.
Remember the evo stock suspension raise our front about 3/4 an inch and lowers back about 1 inch.

Armitage

I use the ASD springs on my Evo8 struts in the front only. Since the stock Evo springs in the back were already stiffer than the front and sit pretty low I left them alone. I can grab a pic later if you want to see what the ride height looks like with this configuration.

Gmoney1983

That's good news on the swifts. I've got some evo 8 with some hotchkis springs waiting to go on. They seem to have close to the same specs as the swifts. Now if I could just find someone in the slc area to get the rears welded up for me so I can finally install em.

Armitage

Quoting PlatypusOfFury:
Yeah, would be nice to see that height and how the rake is on different setups.

Just took this pic. Car is filthy due to snow from last week but you get the idea. I wouldn't want the back any lower than the stock Evo8 springs already make it.

DSC02277.JPG

asmo

pm sent

Gmoney1983

Anybody think it would be a bad idea to throw the evo springs on the stock galant struts. Just until I can get the rears welded.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts