The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

XD and XTR clutch kits

i was looking for a new clutch saw these brands they are very cheap but i was wondering if they were reliable.

Vr4junkie

Well stage 4 xtd I heard good and bad reviews grabs like a mofo from what I read some people have had great results but the life span is short theres tons of info on tooners.

I would look into south bend plenty of good reviews and people have got good results out of them and affordable prices. But hey if you want a chinabay clutch then go for it you get what you pay for. Get something of quality yea you may pay a little more but quality goes a long way good luck on your search.

Exedy. Stick with what is proven

Im sure the ebay one's work but if you plan on keeping the car and performance driving keep saving your money for something genuine

dsm10o0

xtd stage 4 is the best for its price. Proven to hold down the power.

I have a XTD stage 3 in the Laser, I have 12K of fairly hard driving on it.
Flawless so far.
I have installed a XTD stage 2 in a stock GSX, no issues that I know of to date.
IMO, I see no need to spend the kind of $$ on the other clutches.
I have also ran a ACT2100 *no issues at all, ACT 2600 *springs popped out of the center hub of the disk.
I have zero knowledge of Exedy of CF.

Again, IMO the $$ for those big name clutches that are out there is crazy.
My $150 clutch is worth it all the way.

Daniel

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts