The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No reading on pin10 diagnostics port. logging

James

in th elong process of getting this car back to where it should be. I know im making a lot of different threads, but im running into a lot of different issues as i chug along.

So the origonal problem is my logger wont connect with the diagnostics port. now im at the point that i know im not getting voltage at pin 10 in the port. I have to assume that this is my issue.

I tried following the wiring but i dont know how thats even possible to do. I tested the pinouts on the ecu by sticking a needle down into the plug and hitting it with th emultimeter. im getting voltage at pin1 and pin10 both as i should, with zero at pin12 as i also should.

i would like to follow the wiring and repair the apparent break im sure i would find, but as i said i dont know how thats done... i could follow it back about 6 inches before it ended up in the dark depths of the car.

If its my last option i will wire it directly into the ecu. what are your thoughts?

James

Going to pick up my SAFC now...

When I get home I'll be running a new wire directly from the ECU to pin 10 in the port.

James

ran a new wire from pin2 in the ecu into pin10 on the diag port. still no error. serial comm error/ecu comm error. i dont know what the hell to do. the SAFC is pretty useless right now, along with my logger.

James

found an issue with needing to run a jumper wire from pin1 to pin12 if the car is a 90, which my car is... so i guess ill do that next.

James

jumped the pins together, no change.

i quit.

James

Whoever been following this nightmare here's and update.

Eric at 1glink has my logging setup. He plugged in it and it worked perfect for him. So it has something to do with my car.

Had a similar problem mine was the pin in the plug to the Ecuador was bent back not making good contact. Back probeing also showed good results due to pushing on the pin. I used a small pick to bend it back and good to go. I have 1glink plam logger also love the thing. Good luck if u need I can find pinouts.

James

Eric from 1glink.com was very nice and when he found out my logger worked in his car suggest that I wire the logger right at the ECU.

Eric sent me a spare diagnostics port with about 8 inches of wire attached to 1/10/12. I snipped the wires at the ECU and wired this new plug in. Worked perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned