The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1997 Lexus SC400 RSP on black 1 of 17 ever made 11k firm FL

3rdstrikedsm

Up for sale is my 1997 Lexus sc400 in factory RSP color on black interior which this is as rare as it gets for the Lexus sc and supra mkiv platform.
Black interior and is a super solid runner with ice cold a/c, Car is very very clean and price is 100% non negotiable as they have sold for much more than my asking price in lesser condition plus no and I mean no rust as it;s been a FL car all of it's life.

I have taken super anal care of this car and only putting on about 600 miles last year and less than 200 this year as it sits in the garage under a cover 99% of the time.

I installed a super rare manual transmission cluster with new bulbs so chassis has 130k on it and cluster shows 170 but the m/t cluster is very hard to find!
V-8 is all aluminum and runs out very strong but not lsx fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mod list...
Supra tt seats in front
pc680 battery
new tokico shocks with Tanabe nf210 lowering springs (3-400 miles on them)
New poly lower and upper control arm bushings
New poly diff bushings
new lower control arms
new f/r end links
new alternator
battle version steering rack bushings
new inner and outer tie rod ends w rack boots
4 pot big brake kit up front
new rotors and pads all around
stainless brake lines with dot 4 super blue fluid
new trans mount and trans flushed
is300 steering wheel with working air bag
big b&m type bar and plate super cooler for trans with fan
walbro fuel pump
touch screen double din radio with remote mb quart speakers all around
new tail lights,head lights, fog lights from dealer at a cost well over 1k as old ones were starting to yellow somw
hid kit in headlights 6k
carbing cooling panel
cold air intake
top speed axle back exhaust
JDM corner marker lights
fresh tune up
new starter
new radiator 2 years ago
all fluids changed with the top of the line or oem
Fresh lance w alignment
Supra tt polished rims with tires that might have 3k miles at best 275-rear 245-front
Wald front lip
New front windshield (old one had some minor pitting)
Everything works including the remote for the keyless

I really really hate to sell this car as I said I never would but I have my eye on something else so I am on the fence about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but for now its for sale so I posted my non negotiable price.
Drive this car anywhere with no worries!
There are minor flaws with the car but shows super well for the age. and I know I am forgetting tons of things I have done to her.
2012-06-26153319.jpg

20120521_113324.jpg

20120521_113242.jpg

20120521_113348.jpg

20120502_161258.jpg

20120428_195533.jpg

20120730_202041.jpg

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

No longer for sale as I just can't let it go.

3rdstrikedsm

Thank you^^ I thought about it and I know I will never come across another one in this condition and color combo so I can't part ways with the old girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

curtis

Wishy washy little tease, I guess John talked you out of the sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JNR

Friend at work has an SC300 (5-speed) that had this color that was similar to that cobra color they had for a couple years, where it would change all sorts of hues/colors (like multiple pearls) depending on where you looked at it, although can't recall if it was factory or he did it..certainly never saw another.

I like blue cars...my GTO had a really nice blue and after seeing this thread, saw an IS-F on the way home that I think they used this blue now on? It looked really nice.

Sometimes I wished I had kept my GTO (paid off) or my CTS-V (only 130 made with my color and 1-year only), but they are just cars at the end and if you're ready for something else (there are SO many choices out there now), go for it, but just don't give it away.

3rdstrikedsm

Funny you mention the blue gto as that was a car I had in mind to replace this one along with another rhd evo, The color does that flip flop from blue to a bluish purple from the pearl which imo the color is perfect! I waited a couple of years for one to pop up for sale and when it did I jumped on it so that is why I re thought getting rid of this, The crazy thing is that 2 of the other rsp owners have contacted me begging me not to sell it so that had a bit to do with not selling it as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This color only came on the 97-98 supra and lexus sc3/400 and it had to be special ordered the blue on the isf was usb ultra sonic blue which is actually close in color but a tick lighter,

Last edited:

JNR

Yeah, color makes a big difference on the car and the pearl effect is nice (unless you ever have to paint match it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )...The impulse blue (GTO) was a nice color and that along with the optional 18's really looked nice and especially the 2006 (last year, best taillights, IMO)...the aussie monaro (same thing) offered some REALLY nice looking oem wheels that made the car look like a hot wheel.

I you do get a GTO someday and have the oem 18's, I always wanted to see what it would look like with the faces polished and maybe the rest of it in gunmetal, or something.

TomN

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Thank you^^ I thought about it and I know I will never come across another one in this condition and color combo so I can't part ways with the old girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good call. I have thought several times about selling my evo 1 seeing as it mostly just sits in the garage. But I know I will regret it if I ever did and its not a car easily replaced with another one when I want it back so I just let it sit in there till I one day have more time for it.

3rdstrikedsm

Well I have a line on getting legal rhd cars here if you ever need another but I can say I regret selling my evo 1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The only reason I was going to sell my Lexus is because I can get another evo 1 with ease but so little money for so many projects /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting curtis:
Wishy washy little tease, I guess John talked you out of the sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Haha actually he did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LILEVO

FYI I can correct the mileage on those clusters and many more. Shoot me a PM!

VR4ownzU

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Well I have a line on getting legal rhd cars here if you ever need another but I can say I regret selling my evo 1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The only reason I was going to sell my Lexus is because I can get another evo 1 with ease but so little money for so many projects /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Can you get me a RHD car with ease? I was out at the villages about a month ago. Wow...golf cars everywhere!

James

I was also at the villages the other day, but not in the galant.

3rdstrikedsm

I actually moved to leesburg a few miles away but yea golf carts are the way of life there which is good as it keeps all the seniors from smashing their cars together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea I know a guy who can get jdm cars but you must have cash ready to purchase and he can get anything you want and has a few cars in stock such as a skyline and 2 integra type r's a ctr and a 3rd gen rx-7 no mitsu's

VR4ownzU

I just happen to come across a guy selling a EVO V in Orlando. I guess he can get RHD legally too. He has a Soarer, A couple S15s, some other cars.

sag1441

i dont understand how most jdm vehicles are federally legal. i see how people get them state registered but i feel they are never willing to explain how it is completely legal and ICE wont come snatch your contraband up. and how do you turn left at intersections? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3rdstrikedsm

State legal is no real issue but there is no real way to get the federal legal which just a risk you take but it all depends on the state on how strict they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

VR4ownzU

S15 soecR, s15 specS, evo5, Toyota soarer manual, toyota aristo... A few others

Japan Partner USA
Right-Hand Slide Racing
407-619-5600

3rdstrikedsm

?? Was that a question or a statement^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned