The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Getting the itch again for another VR4

BpuVR4

It's been a while since I've had my last vr4. What's worse is that I was able to locate both of my previous ones (both in wisconsin #372/2k, #555/2k) a few months ago. I 'm getting the itch again to go back to the dark side and thinking of dumping my 5 liter Mustang for one again. Back of my mind reminds me of the pains of having one, but i love them too much.

Anyone remind me on how to make these things into a fairly reliable daily driver?

EMX5636

Check out my build thread. Have not touched the car in almost 15K miles since the build. (aside from a couple turbo problems that I won't get into, swapped to a BB PTE and it's been good for a few thousand so far) It's been over 450-500whp the entire time. Just don't drive it like a racecar everytime you get in it. Mine has P/S, cold A/C and a full system. The exhaust isn't obnoxious in the car, and it gets driven year round. If you keep them fairly low-key, or build them with quality parts and assembly, you are fine. Most DSM's have "unreliable" bolted/hacked into them.

Plus 5.0's are "me-too" cars. Get something cool!

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Quoting MoMoVR4:
It's been a while since I've had my last vr4. What's worse is that I was able to locate both of my previous ones (both in wisconsin #372/2k, #555/2k) a few months ago. I 'm getting the itch again to go back to the dark side and thinking of dumping my 5 liter Mustang for one again. Back of my mind reminds me of the pains of having one, but i love them too much.

Anyone remind me on how to make these things into a fairly reliable daily driver?

Buy my car.

GSX_TC

Why even get one if you know your not gonna keep it anyways?

Jesus_Negros

Quoting MoMoVR4:

Dont do it

LIV4PSI

Quoting Terry Posten:
Quoting MoMoVR4:

Buy my car.

Why are you selling your car? I thought you were one of us lifers.

JNR

Everything can be sold for a price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BpuVR4

who said im not gonna keep it?

BpuVR4

will def take a look. by the way, that 5 liter has been the most reliable/easy to work on car for me in the past decade which is why i originally looked for one.

BpuVR4

i dont have the dough that your car deserves...looks ridiculously great.

LIV4PSI

Quoting MoMoVR4:

Its because you already sold your previous two.

GSX_TC

Thank you!

BpuVR4

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Quoting MoMoVR4:

Its because you already sold your previous two.

ah but surely i can't be the only one to have had two and buy another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Bought three, have two. Still have the first one, 11 years now.

Only reason I sold the middle one was it was pieced together following an accident, and I wanted something without that major body surgery. Third one is really solid with almost no rust of any kind.

Quoting Terry Posten:
Quoting MoMoVR4:

Buy my car.

How much are looking to get? Pm me.

381gvr4

You must have come into a large sum of money and your looking to waste most of it. Just have a bon fire and throw large sums in and call it a day....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

ktmrider

Quoting MoMoVR4:

Just did it mineself: click

Running like a top! Mod "smartly", not "cheaply", and you'll be happy.

tyeler18

Buy a stock one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I just put 700 miles on mine in one trip and didn't have a single problem, even my talon made the 1400 mile round trip and its well modded. Just keep up on the maintenance and take care of it, I haven't had any issues with any of my personal dsms.

turbowop

Quoting MoMoVR4:

ah but surely i can't be the only one to have had two and buy another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think KC has owned/sold over eleventy of them throughout the years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif

I have two. 1051 for 14 years now, and 503 for four years. 503 has been a super reliable ski machine that takes me all over the PNW. I also wouldn't hesitate to take 1051 anywhere. As long as it doesn't rain or snow.

LIV4PSI

Wop, the fact you have owned 1051 longer than this forum has been around is impressive. Hell, you have had your "beater" GVR4 longer than I have been able to hold onto anything. I must get bored to quick

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts