The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine Rebuild

The_Big_Weave

Found another crank and block from when mine walked. Wondering if anyone has a good place I could by all the gaskets at once and bearings and rings. The block I am getting is stripped completely and need to fully rebuild it.

5OF2k

Ive had good luck with a foctory gasket kit, and used ExtremePsi.com a lot in the past. While youre going through the motor, i recommend getting ARP hardware throughout, as well as running the MLS headgasket. Peace of mind down the road, yknow?

yeti

I'll be running ARP's and hopefully a MLS gasket if I can afford one,otherwise I'm using the felpro gasket in my set..

Stock HG with stock bolts only hold 25ish psi right?

5OF2k

Not necessarily man, the factory composite headgasket is garbage, and it depends a lot more on the type of turbo youre using rather than a specific boost level as to when they fail.

Bottom line, dont skimp. Get the MLS head gasket now, or after you fry the composite. If you do it right the first time, you dont have to worry about it down the road, and at the same time its a relatively cheap part anyway.

Jason G.

You'll be fine with the composite gasket. More tend to fail due to crap tunes.

Last edited:

The_Big_Weave

Yeah just running a FP 16g in a colt and wanna be able to catch traction so 275-300 hp is enough. Not really planning on going all out so a basic stock rebuild kit will work. Also will be ordering ARP rod bolt and head stud along with ACL bearings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned