The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust options

napajs13

Hi, I was wondering what kind of options for an exhaust system would be? Also if any exhaust parts are useable from a 1g. Any info would be great.

GSTwithPSI

How about this: click

GetInline.aspx

DynastyLCD

sent you a PM!

May catch some hell for this because everyone seems to hate him but Buschur Racing
click the CM performance exhaust seems to be the best fit and finish for the gvr4 though so I would go that way. I've had the BR exhaust for years and it still looks good. I vband the sh*t out of my exhaust because why no more leaky exhuast lol and because race car too at least so I think..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbofonz

CM's sound can't be beat. I'm not all that crazy about the exhaust tip but it sounds soo damn good.

JCorbo25

Quoting turbofonz:
CM's sound can't be beat. I'm not all that crazy about the exhaust tip but it sounds soo damn good.

Looks like they have a dual tip offered now.

I'm tempted, but $935.00 for a 3" turboback with CAT is a bit pricey.... Woah, didn't see the 2.5" aluminized option for $650... hmmm

What is the difference between aluminzed and stainless?

Last edited:

There is a ton of differences between the two materials without getting into a full materials class explanation the Aluminum exhaust should last quite a few years but will eventually rust depending on where you live. Stainless steel should more than likely last the lifetime of the car and you wont have to worry about it again do it once do it right.

Brunoboy

Quoting mitsuturbo:
The quieter the better. Is the CM exhaust relatively quiet?

Stock catback with a QTP Cutout on the downpipe, Tre3zy runs this and I cannot hear him coming unless he opens it up

turbofonz

My car with a FP Race manifold, ported evo3, ported 2g o2 housing, and 3" catless turboback with just the CM muffler is actually quite quiet. Mass is a big time loud exhaust no-no state and I haven't been hassled.

Add a cat or resonator and it'll be very quiet. My Talon with the same setup other than being a Buschur turboback is much louder. It has a resonator too.

rdomeck

I have made stainless mandrel bent exhaust for most of my cars I have owned for the last 5 years and have kept track of my time and materials on everyone. I can do a single exhaust not including muffler or cat for about $650 from the manifold back all tig welded and two band clamps. Diameter of piping will change cost some, but not a whole lot. I don't include the muffler on that because there are so many preferences in mufflers, but I would expect a cost of $100-150 for a good muffler of your choice. I'm currently running without a cat and a Magnaflow turbo muffler and it really is not the loud until you really get on it under an overpass! I would of course need the car to make it or pull the one off my car and make me a new one!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned