The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ss fuel lines and fittings

Captn

I know a lot of people do this and I am wanting too as well. I am just having a hard time figuring out what fittings I need for the fuel tank?
I have no issue figuring out the fittings for the engine bay it's just the fuel tank.

Do most people use 90 degree fittings off the tank?

If anyone knows of the best options let me know!

The plan is -8 feed and -6 return.

Captn

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

are you going to bulkhead the fuel sending unit? what are your power goals?

-6 can make over 600 AWHP

-8 can make over 1000 AWHP

if you plan on doing a bulkhead setup for the fuel sending unit, i would recommend using a straight bulkhead, not a 90. use a 90* fitting on your actual fuel line that will attach to the bulkhead. this will make it way easier to change the way the line sits.

if you plan on using the existing line/fitting, you can buy an adapter to go from metric to AN. click

Captn

Hey thanks for the help!

The main reason why I am doing this is because I am getting most of the ss line for free, I won't be making that kind of power for a while actually probably won't make over 600 in its life time.

I think I'll just stick with -6 all around and keep the stock fitting on the sending unit.

Captn

DynastyLCD

no problem, Captn! i made -6 feed lines for both my 1g and my GVR4. its VERY easy to do, and if you have plenty of free space in your engine bay, and the right tools to do the job, i would recommend laying the line in, and cutting it to fit as you go along. i used Pushlok on both my feed lines and it worked out awesome. also, i would recommend keeping the factory return line, and just making a feed line from the sending unit to the rail. i ran mine right along the same path as the factory fuel line and it worked out just fine. just keep your bends soft, and route it away from the exhaust, and it will come out nicely!

also, the peace of mind knowing that you wont have to worry about rusty fuel lines is priceless.

Lofty

I used -6 all the way.

My fittings are as so.
-8 to -6 swivel x2 for fuel cell
90 bend x4
8(?) straight fittings
I probably used 50 feet of AN line for my oil cooler and fuel lines.
Rough numbers here.

407112_10150525517472556_541367555_8695575_2142951971_n.jpg

there's the cell.

Where are you getting this line for free man, I've spend over 200$ on the friggin line.

Oh and use summit fittings, they rock.
Also Pegasus (local) for weird AN adapters.

Captn

A friend has some layin around he isn't using, said I could have it.

I may have to buy a few feet but it's still not a bad deal.
Very nice set up by the way, thanks for the list of fittings too! Your fuel cell looks awesome!

Captn

Captn

Quoting DynastyLCD:
also, the peace of mind knowing that you wont have to worry about rusty fuel lines is priceless.

Yes! Thanks for all the tips too! Luckily I will have a friend that's done it before around too.

Captn

Lofty

Haha thanks man! I wish you good luck, send me a pm if you want a hand with anything, you're like 15 minutes away.

Adorsey

On the tank there is a Metric M14X1.5 (flare nut) for the fuel transport. You can purchase a, Female M14x1.5-to- Male -6AN. And have a secure connection at the tank without any messing around.

likethis

I personaly like black fittings in my engine bay. But good luck!

Okayplayer

So are you talking about using SS hard lines or SS braided lines? I was tempted to use braided line but I have been told that the fuel eats into the lining of the braided lines and causes a constant fuel odor. Has anyone heard of this problem?

ade

cheaper ss braided lines and fittings have smell, leak or stretch issues. i prefer push-loc lines over braided, same strength, flexibility and a little more expensive.

Captn

I was talking about braided lines, I don't think the lines I am getting are cheap at all but I will check them out before using.

I don't like to cheap out on things, the fittings aren't going to be cheap ones.

Captn

tsitalon1

Quoting ade:
cheaper ss braided lines and fittings have smell, leak or stretch issues. i prefer push-loc lines over braided, same strength, flexibility and a little more expensive.

I have this problem right now!

Please point me to these mythical lines you speak of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I though pushloc wasn't really rated for fuel.

Also, can you tell me where to get the pushloc adapter that will allow me to connect to the factory fuel filter?

mitsuturbo

I don't remember where i got the line from. Summit, i think.

I ran mine through a piece of conduit, which i put some makeshift brackets on to hold it to the frame.

From the front, under passenger side.

From the back, under passenger side, fuel line crossing over to driver side.

tsitalon1

I saw that but it clearly states that it is not for fuel:

Nitrile covered, high tensile synthetic braid reinforced Push-Loc hose offers the maximum in flexibility, weight savings and ease of installation. Pressure rated to 250 PSI. Compatible with all synthetic lubricants, oils and coolants. Must be used with Push-Loc or Twist-Lok style hose ends. Not for use on brake, Fuel, nitrous or power steering systems . Available in Black, Red, Blue, Yellow and Grey and a variety of lengths & diameters for virtually any color and application requirement.

I ordered the Aeroquip PTE teflon hose/ends....wish me luck!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned