The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil cooler relocation

kama1

Hi,im planning to relocate the stock oil cooler to the passenger side of the car,behind the bumper infront of the fender spash shield.have electric parts
On the driver side and dont want to redo wiring,was thinking new location is only about 2ft away from the stock place.
Kinda tight on space behind the intercooler if ever i run 2 bosch fans on there.its hot down here and my front bumper isnt really helping provide
A lot of air.any other ideas,pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

524of1000

Huh? The stock oil cooler for the '91-'92 GVR4 is a liquid cooled unit built into the oil filter housing. If you're running a '90 OFH, you can extend the lines and pretty much put it wherever you want. I's put it in the foglight location if you've removed those or perhaps directly behind the grill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

kama1

I knew i forgot to mention something.im running a 90 dsm engine on a jdm body.

kama1

i guess im gonna mount it there then.
thanks for the inputs

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned