The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Eclipse GSX / Dekalb il / sold

Lancer99

Ok here it goes.

1991 Eclipse GSX with 87,7xx miles
Green exterior and light grey interior
5spd, awd, power steering, abs, a/c is still all there and updated to r134a but needs condenser, dryer, a belt and a recharged of r134a
It has factory cd player and cassette played, sunroof well a popup one, leather seats
Everything on it is pretty much stock except for the clutch which a ACT 2100 is in it and it has about 10,000 miles on it. The fluids have all been changed. Front brakes, air filter, spark plugs and wires are new.
I am the second owner the original owner put a tow hitch on it but we never use it.

The Bad:
water pump is about to go out on it, I have a new one with a timing belt kit to go with it, just don't have the time to do it.
side door mouldings came off
power antenna mast is broken
rust hole on passenger side fender
dent on drivers fender
rips on the drivers front seat
headliner came off

Last edited:

rgeier11

I don't know what is going on with the prices on this site, but you are asking 3x this vehicles value.

talontyme

To the op just some perspective,
I friend of mine just picked a mint 1g awd no rust,spotless interior,light mods(turboback,intake) and years of paperwork,and btw perfectly running. This car got delivered by the owner from
a state over and he paid $4000. Imo ur is $2000-$2500 to the right guy just saying.

KT

Hey guys,

Let's clean up this thread.

If you think the asking price is too high and you aren't in the market for a car, then just refrain from posting.

If you think the asking price is too high and you are in the market for a car, make an offer.

If you want to provide pricing advice, send the OP a PM. A lack of replies or offers will be signal enough that something about the listing is not in line with the current market.

This isn't "anything goes."

Thanks,

KT

Lancer99

Yes it does say or best offer. To be honest I know I'm not going to get $6,500 for it. But I have seen 3 so far asking for $7000 with a little more miles on it.

Jesus_Negros

Any under carriage pics?
Where that rust hole come from? A meteor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lancer99

I would like to see this go to a good home not wrapped around a pole or rolled over. Mine does have low mileage for its year. body is close to being rust free besides the rust hole on the fender which can be easily replaced. underneath is rust free but the parts like lower control arms or the lower struts are rusted but still in good shape. Exhaust is still original and not even rusted out. It's pretty good for a 21 year old car. Its stock never been modified besides the clutch which then threw out the clutch pedal assembly which then my dad thought it would be fine to drive on but then took out the transmission.

Lancer99

Rust hole was there when we bought it but it was big as a quarter. But since my dad left the car outside for the past 2 years it got worse.

Jesus_Negros

Not a bad deal for $650

mitsuturbo

Quoting Lancer99:
Its stock never been modified besides the clutch which then threw out the clutch pedal assembly which then my dad thought it would be fine to drive on but then took out the transmission.

It's got a bad transmission?

turbowop

Quoting Lancer99:
underneath is rust free but the parts like lower control arms or the lower struts are rusted but still in good shape.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif

I hope the new owner of this car gets a free case of PB Blaster to go along with it...

Last edited:

Lancer99

No transmission has been rebuilt by jacks transmission

Jesus_Negros

How much for the trans?

Lancer99

Not parting it out. But you can buy the car and take what you need from it. Hate to see it that way. again you guys can make offers, the worse I can say is no

Jesus_Negros

pm'd

Lancer99

I really don't get whats the big deal is. I've looked around and have seen some of these going for $7000. Kelly blue book says 4500 and NADA says 4400. So dont low ball me. I have my son's medical bills to pay off.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts