The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

808/1000 Hello from MN!

dc_style

Hey guys, I've been lurking on the site for awhile now, I've owned 1692 and 46. There's three of us brothers. My younger brother own's 46, and the other one owns a white one as well. I thought I could stay away but I ended up picking one up again. Couldn't stay away, I told Paul (Cheekychip) that if I bought the wood steering wheel and amg spark plug cover, I would end up buying a car just for them. Well it happened.

Here's the progress on my car, it's my winter beater and till a work in progress. Input welcome!

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

mockup OZ Superturismo's, streched 205/50/17's on here, I know it's a tall tire but it's Minnesota. Need that extra rubber for the winter.

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

Still working on figuring out the height.

Last edited:

turbohf

welcome!

looks good on both sets of wheels. not feelin the wood wheel tho.

dc_style

Quoting turbohf:
welcome!

looks good on both sets of wheels. not feelin the wood wheel tho.

thanks! i got the wood momo in hong kong off a jdm gvr4 so it's more the sentimental value vs aesthetics, but it's got an awesome feel to it as well. the wheels were from a local and i thought they'd be a nice different look, rally esque.

turbowop

Quoting gramkrakr89:

I prefer the evo wheels...

I actually prefer the O.Z.'s, but I'm biased. 1051 had a set waaaaay back in '99.

gramkrakr89

^
They all look good to me... the O.Z.s just seem a little showier

It's not as if I have room to criticize, though...

the fanciest wheels that have graced 689 since I got it are from a 1g GST /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

GVR47111K

Evo six spokes, I'll take 'em if you're gonna run the OZ's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

minneSNOWta

Nice to see another MN owner! I'm all the way up in Duluth, if you ever feel the need to help me out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. See you on the road! That steering wheel is pimp too.

Lofty

Love everything about the car...... everything.

What kind of J pipe is that? I may need for my FMIC.

dc_style

lofty, it's actually just the stock jpipe, i'm running an evo3 16g, it's joined with a coupler. thanks guys! there's much more in store for it, first to get the ride height right, alignment and dyno tune on e85. stay tuned!

dc_style

figured out my ride height, i ran 50 series to get a little more meat for the potholes and terrible roads we have in the winter. come summertime i'll be attempting to sneak some 17x9's and lower it just a bit more. few pictures of it on it's way to the dyno. will be getting it tuned on wednesday, will keep updating!

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Last edited:

chach161

Nice looking car. I like the Evo wheels but the OZ wheels are a great looking wheel. Seeing all the pictures of another BG VR-4 I am wanting to be driving my car again but blew a tire and all funding is going into the rally galant build and a certain set of great shocks I am buying. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hear how tuning goes, keep us posted.

dc_style

what was suppose to be my winter beater rather than drive my g35, is no longer. seems right when it's ready to tackle the snowstorms up here in mn, there's absolutely none but 70-80 degree days. roof rack on, but looks like the snowboard bindings and snow wheels will be coming off and replaced with some summer wheels. tbd. eterna grill installed and waiting for my headlights to be finished.

KiNgMaRtY

Good looking car. I like the way both set of wheels look on it. Is that a Ralliart shifter?

Last edited:

dc_style

Update, bought some 17x9 BBS RX's off for a great deal. +28 Offset. Threw them on today and they fit quite nice, I've already rolled the fenders and will be bringing it in for an alignment to make everything flush. Yes, I know I'm stretching 205/50's on these wheels. It's not optimal for performance but this is my daily driver. It doesn't appear that I'll need to do too much to make it fit and I'm sure it'll have the occasional rub.

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts