The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

LC1 install

ozyvr4

Hi there guys , I just bought another VR4 that did not have a o2 sensor so I thought I would buy a Innovate LC1 & use the 0-1v output to feed into the standard ecu o2 sensor input. I also bought the G4 guage to display AFR .

Has anyone done this? Do I have to change the settings on the LC1?

Thanks in advance.

Brunoboy

You must set up the LC-1 in ecmlink and also have to set it up in LM programmer.

ozyvr4

This car does have ecmlink.

What do I need to setting in LM programmer. I only want this for the closed loop of the ecu.

gramkrakr89

Quoting ozyvr4:
This car does have ecmlink.

What do I need to setting in LM programmer. I only want this for the closed loop of the ecu.

The LC-1's narrowband output should be set up just fine right out of the package. Hooking this up in place of the stock o2 signal should work. This would allow the ECU to operate in closed-loop mode just like stock.

If the car already has ECMlink (V3) though, setting up the ECU to log wideband input and simulate narrowband input gives you a little more versatility, but it's up to you.

jepherz

Staff member
You just have to install the newest LogWorks which comes with LM programmer. From there, you can program the two outputs separately via serial cable. Super easy and you wouldn't even need to mess with your ECU.

ozyvr4

Thanks guys. I don't have link in this car yet as I only just bought.

I will connect to factory input tomoro. I've already used the 0-5v output fo the g4 guage.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts