The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Garfield @ Tunersnation

Sorry to have to do this in a brand new year to a good guy Garfield @ Tunersnation but
I think it has to be done...this isn't a BAD GUY thread but a POOR COMMUNICATION &
SELLER Thread...

If everything gets fixed I can ask the moderator of this site to take down this thread

Problem: ordered brake lines and haven't received them and from what I'd been seeing on the site
So had a lot of other people who had ordered a month or two in advance...
Received an initial payment and receipt and a secondary email from him saying he will ship it that day
And after that never heard from him again...again so has other people on this site...

I emailed and called and left messages too many times to count and
Frankly I am just irritated...as if I knew it would be like this I would have juts made the lines
In town but now my car is down with no brake lines and this is my daily..

And people who have their opinions otherwise about being the holiday season and takes
More than 7 days to ship...BUSINESS is BUSINESS see the order online pack it and ship then gets here 5
To 7 days but its been far longer than that
I hope this all gets settled real soon and others parts as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Working on getting your order out this week. Will provide tracking info as soon as it ships.

I sent out tracking info on the brake lines via email.

quicktsi - I don't have any orders pending for shift boots. Please pm me your order # so I can look into it further.

thanks Garfield i will delete this post as soon as quicktsi gets your message...

quicktsi

I will not PM or email you, as they have not responded to. I already bought one several months ago and the stitching was not completed. I also sent pictures of the boot. You said, "let me get with my supplier and I will get back with you". That has been several months now, and I have emailed you and had a friend that lives close to you contact you about this issue. The sad thing is, this was my first purchase with you. It was not your biggest sell of the day, but may be my last purchase with your business based on my experience. Communication good or bad goes a long way, but no communication is bad business.

I recall that order. You did receive the shift boot but was concerned about the stitch. Last I responded was that I buy these in bulk & I didn't realize my supplier changed from no outside stitching to two of the four having outside stitching. I didn't realize this until you brought it to my attention. All the ones from that batch are the same way. They told me the did this to try to strengthen the seams (which I didn't see a problem with in the 1st place). Mine has been installed in my car for a number of years without any issues.

I also said when I purchase the next batch I would request for them to either all have outside stitch or no outside stitch & would send you one from the new batch. Since these are not a big selling items I can't justify buying another batch until I need them. The recommendation for installing them is to have the two sides with the outside stitch facing you.

If you're still not satisfied, please send it back & I will refund your purchase.

Garfield,

i received my brake lines...sorry i had to put this on the bad guy thread, i will delete this post as soon as the other guy gets your message

quicktsi

Quote:
I also said when I purchase the next batch I would request for them to either all have outside stitch or no outside stitch & would send you one from the new batch. Since these are not a big selling items I can't justify buying another batch until I need them. The recommendation for installing them is to have the two sides with the outside stitch facing you.

If you're still not satisfied, please send it back & I will refund your purchase.

I never heard this part from you. I would have never has posted this if I had received that feedback. I searched my inbox and did not find an email stating the above. Since you can see the marks from where the manufacturer cut it out, I will just be sourcing some real leather and having a local upholstery shop make one with matching stitching.

WaRrIoRs16

Any updates on my Brake rotors order?

I also think i have to add a complaint about Tuners nation as I ordered & paid for a complete exaust system plus a Cyclone Inlet Manifold Plus freight to Queensland Australia for my Galant VR4 back on the 18th October?? I have sent many e-mails & also tried to phone Garfied but without success, I am very dissapointed as my car has been sitting in the garage all this time exaustless?? I hope i hav'nt lost my money as i dearly cant afford to buy it all again,

Chim55117

I am posting for my buddy Mike, (Cooney on the boards).

He ordered a set of stainless steel brake lines, and a Mishimoto radiator on 12/11/11, and has not received his items. He sent an email, to which he was told the items would be shipped. After that, no parts arrived, and further attempts via phone and email were not responded too. The whole situation makes me regret having recommended a friend.

Having had good past dealings with Garfield, I would expect him to respond to this and make sure that things are made right. If not, my friend Mike will be canceling his order via VISA.

Please get back to him via PM or email. Thanks.

- Stephen

Street Surgeon

Adding to this thread:

I've ordered parts from Garfield (via tunersnation.com) several times, and every time I do there is a hiccup. Either the merchandise was damaged via shipping, parts weren't sent (but were billed), or parts came terribly late. Each and every time I have been the one who had to get in touch with Garfield to get the issue resolved. Never once would I receive an email from him saying things were backordered, not in stock, etc. etc. Recently I tried to order a set of tien camber plates, this was over 23 days ago! I was billed the same day I ordered the plates, yet they have not arrived, and (big surprise) Garfield hasn't been in touch with me to tell me what is going on. He also does not respond to phone calls or private messages / emails.

My advice to you folks is to buy from somewhere/someone else.

1qkfwd

I to have ordered an extrude honed intake manifold in mid December. Same thing happened and he said it will ship out. It's now end of January and still no intake. Called quite a few times no response. Sent a pm on dsmlink where we originally talked about the intake no reply. Sent an email today and waiting.

BrandonEchols

I have had great experiences with him in the past. Fast shipping and very willing to answer questions. But as of today, I have not received my TEIN Camber Plates from the group buy... and my email to him earlier this week has gone unanswered (usually he is very quick to respond). I don't want to have to do this, but if this isn't resolved I will be looking into legal action to recoup my investment.

**UPDATE**

Garfield came through!
Sorry I doubted you brother, but you had me worried for a spell there.
My plates arrived today and look great.
Happy to have GW back, and looking forward to doing more business with him in the future!

Last edited:

steve

A 2012 calendar that hasn't arrived by February? I guess you should be getting 1/12 of your money back at this point.

acidrumz

I'm still waiting on a response or clarification on a order that i've recieved incomplete. This order has taken longer than
expected.

Also waiting on another order that has not arrived nor emails reply back.

This is getting ridiculous. Right now i rather have my money refunded on items i've ordered not fullfilled.

Confused. Smh.

minneSNOWta

I ordered a shift knob from him on 12/30/11. Still have not gotten any shipping confirmation or reply to my pm. It was $20, but money is money. I filed a dispute on paypal and I will escalate to a claim if he does not respond. He seemed like a cool guy, so I supported his business and this is what I get?

Street Surgeon

I'm posting this as a follow up, I've still received no contact from Garfield and have since filed a dispute with my bank. After sending them all the info they've ruled in my favor and have refunded the money I sent Garfield. I would suggest that ANYONE who has an open order with Garfield file a claim with paypal or their credit card company, he is completely ignoring everyone here and it's best to recoup what you can and play it safe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts