The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reassembly Wiring Issues...Advice Sought

Chad989of2000

I've been working at this project for some time now and finally getting near the finish line. I'm just having some issues with wiring after putting the engine/trany back in. Here are some of the issues with supporting pics.

Here is a random green wire that I can not for the life of me find out where it goes. It branches off the wiring group that connect to the t-stat housing.

Here is a wire that branches from the alternator wire group. Yet again have no idea where it connects.

Yet another wire from the alternator wire group. This one has a connector (small), just not seeing where it goes.

This is the connector along the o2 sensor wire. The black wire has come free of the connector. I'm just wondering what the best way to repair this is...I'm leaning towards solder.

I also cannot find where the nut that goes on top of the power steering pump is. Anyone have a reference pic I can see?

Like I said, after these final issues are resolved I will be good to go to get this baby up and running again. I would greatly appreciate any input on any of these issues. Thanks in advance guys.

omertaitalia

i just had the same problem with the o2 plug, went to the junk yard and cut another one and bought a solder gun, have yet to do it but im sure this is the best option, id like to get a nice wrap for the wires so it doesnt happen again.

broxma

If the wire on the harness is a silver wire you have to use a butt connector. I know that on the O2 sensor itself you do or have it silver soldered. I think the harness side may just be shielded copper however.

/brox

fuel

Quoting Chad989of2000:

Here is a wire that branches from the alternator wire group. Yet again have no idea where it connects.

Power steering pump, it grounds that wire when the pressure is high (ie on full steering lock) which tells the ECU to increase the idle speed

Quoting Chad989of2000:

Yet another wire from the alternator wire group. This one has a connector (small), just not seeing where it goes.

Oil pressure sensor

Chad989of2000

^^^Fuel...So with that first wire...I just need to attach a connector and find a suitable ground for it? And I'll look at the oil pressure sensor sandwich piece to find where that plug goes. Also thanks for the wire id. With the o2 sensor connector, can we use any 4G63T model's? Or do the non-turbo 4G63s have the same setup, also how much did the connector cost? Thanks guys.

fuel

on the power steering pump on the side nearing the radiator there will be a pin sticking out which that single wire slips over. Basically the switch inside the pump just grounds that pin when the pressure is high. To be honest it's not even vital to have it plugged in.

Oil pressure sensor is on the oil filter housing near where the oil cooler lines attach to it, or if your model has the water cooled filter housing then it will be near the blanking plugs on the chassis rail side of the engine.

Unsure about the O2 sensor wiring - my VR-4 had a 2 wire O2 sensor rather than a heated 4 wire. I would say just find another Mitsu in a junk yard with the same plug/socket and pull it or just go to an electronics store and buy a generic 4 pin plug/socket set and re-wire it.

omertaitalia

Quoting broxma:
If the wire on the harness is a silver wire you have to use a butt connector. I know that on the O2 sensor itself you do or have it silver soldered. I think the harness side may just be shielded copper however.

/brox

what?, the o2 sensor is copper wire what are you saying

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts