The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help ID a pair of cams please?

ohmegamike

Hey Guys, I picked up some cams and other DSM stuff from a guy. He claimed the cams were from a Buschur Head (2G DSM). I'm thinking about putting them in my galant. The intake cam has numbers engraved on it that read:

101-201-8I, then below that it says UI2802, there is also two c's engraved (c c) I'm assuming Crower?

The exhaust cam says: XE258HR below that is a -111, and UI2614. This one has the same c c engraved also.

I tried to take some photos, but they were pretty worthless. If that's what it's gonna take, I can give it another try. I did a little google searching and came up with zip... Thanks in advance!

-Mike

ohmegamike

No ideas? Anybody know if crower's have nothing more than c c hand engraved? I guess I will just call them...

ohmegamike

OK, I found this on carolinadsm So I think I got one figured out. FP2 Cams...
258 Exhaust
Grind: XE258HR-111
Valve Adjustment HYD
Gross Valve Lift .395
Cam Lobe Lift .232
ADV DUR @ .004 Valve Lift 258
Valve timing @ .050. 46 BBD 14- ATD
These specs are for cams installed @ 120.0 Center Line
Duration @ .050 212

dsm10o0

also known as fp2 cams. I have the same set on my car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned