The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No climate control or power windows

AuSpecVr4

Hey

I've been stressing out about this and i can't figure it out, my windows are stuck down so i can't drive anywhere or leave my car by itself. i've checked the switches, plugs and its all plugged in but when i go to the fusible link there is no power in that circuit, fuse is fine but nothing comes out of that at all, i have also lost my climate control, it has no lights and no blower.

Cheers

fuel

where in Brisbane are you? May be able to help you out if you're south.

It sounds like a fuse or circuit issue anyway. Have you checked both the fuse box in the engine bay and the fuse box up above the accelerator pedal? There shouldn't be any oldschool fusable link wires anywhere, it should all be the plastic push in type fuses.

This may not be the brightest idea but you could "jump" the windows by running a +ve wire from the wiring in something that you know is working (i.e. the cigarette lighter) to the +ve on the window switch?

Just a short term solution so you can get the windows up.

EgonOlsen

I had a spare regulator motor plug, so I just made a long wire on that and put it on the battery just to get the windows up when I had problems and to test they all worked.

I find it a bit tricky that its windows and AC, since they dont run in the same circuit afaik. so its very doubtful it would be a fuse.

Id start on the windows:
Check power at fuse under hood.
check power at relay behind underdash driverside.
Check power at the main switch pin 14 (pin7 is ground)

AuSpecVr4

I fixed the issue, all the fuses had to be checked and a couple of connectors are warn so the fuse wasn't working to well, but thank you, i tried all that has been said before checking the fuses completely.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned