The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

from a evo to a vr4?

Hey guys,

Just wondering who has made the switch from an evo to a galant vr4?...or any other newer sports car/sedan.... in my case it was financial reasons..most people go the other way, but I'm sure there are a few, right?

bobdole

lol I went for GVR4 to Evo than back to GVR4.

IncorpoRatedX

same, vr4 to evo to vr4

3rdstrikedsm

I went from a gvr4 to an evo and then I had another vr4 between about 6 evo's now I would never own another vr4 unless it was 100% stock but evo is a go cart and gvr4 is the rms Titanic just sayin...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not to mention a source of constant break downs but I still have love for some odd reason.

tsitalon1

Haha...talk about perfect timing...

I went from DSM and VR4 to Evo X. I still have both the VR4 and the Evo X and love both but have decided to sell the Evo as it will allow me to be debt free in 6 months (minus the house)

I will miss the evo, but being debt free should make up for it. Unfortuanelty the Vr4 needs about $3k to bring it back to nice DD standards.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
a source of constant break downs.

speak for yourself hot-shot.

broxma

I had both and sold the Evo. There are lots of them.

/brox

feil8409

06 STI with 24,000 miles to a 1991 gvr4 with 141,000 wow what a change. Miss the subie but the vr4 has so much more character. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

raptorWagon

2gnt dsm to gvr4 to Classic Galants. Still got all my parts for the next vr4 I get, must be rust free! Probably will never own a Evo, maybe just snag the motor off one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Had a 2g GS-T Spyder that I passed on my wife and I got 2005 Sti that I bought new in 2004. Bought a 1g GSX and I bought a VR-4 about 3-4 years ago. I sold the STi 2 years ago, sold the 1g GSX, bought a 2g GSX, Sold my VR-4 to my friend in November and I picked another VR-4, sold the 2g GSX earlier this year and bought and Evo IX. Current cars are Galant VR-4 and the Evo IX. I would love to also still have an STi but I HAVE to have a sunroof so I decided to try out the Evo with the SSL package. Both cars are keepers for some time. Down the line I may want another 2g GSX.

GSX_TC

Quoting Alpha Male:
Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
a source of constant break downs.

speak for yourself hot-shot.

Lol i know right, mine doesnt have any problems and i drive it all over the place everyday.

I traded my Evo plus cash(on the buyers end) for my Galant, and then proceeded to dump almost every last dollar i got from the Evo into the Galant. I had my Evo for about 3-4 years and was just sick of seeing them pop up everywhere. I have yet to see a single Galant in the Detroit area...I just cant wait to finish the damn thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

ive owned a 92 gsx, donated it and got a 96 gsx, crashed, rebuilt and then sold and bought 352/1000. 10k later with problems still arising, a second motor and second trans since ive owned it and i still love it. I really wish i had an Evo though, Driving my step brothers Evo IX and my younger brothers WRX Wagon makes me feel weak.......I wish I had a newer car though lol.
-Shane

Well, I am glad I am not by myself. But wow do I miss my evo x. It is not even fair to compare the two cars because of the 20yr gap but I have invested over 2k in the car already half of it maintenance, the other half laying a foundation for a 20g. I don't see light at the end of the tunnel yet....but I am not giving up!

GSX_TC

yeah man, dont give up. 2K isnt that much for these cars. for some people 2k is just the turbo alone.

dsmgst

im about to do the same. i regret getting rid of my vr4. i now have an EB ix with super low miles, and i absolutely love the car but there are just too many driving around. i miss that unicorn feeling the galant had lol.

anyone looking to step up to an evo, lmk!

GSX_TC

Sounds like a trade haha,

BrandonEchols

Quoting FavNumber:
I want a X
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The X is not an Evo IMO - no 4G63, no care.
Plus it's a fuckin' behemoth - abandoned the rally roots and is more like a grand touring saloon if you ask me.
Last true Evo was the XI.

Want to trade? Cash on your end? HahaQuoting dsmgst:
im about to do the same. i regret getting rid of my vr4. i now have an EB ix with super low miles, and i absolutely love the car but there are just too many driving around. i miss that unicorn feeling the galant had lol.

anyone looking to step up to an evo, lmk!

Terry Posten

I have more than 2K in just the EVO III gear set, and that is not counting the labor to reassemble it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts