The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER:1630/2000 partout/project fairmont WV...1 Dubloon obo

mountaineerjeff

well I think I have to get rid of 1630. for those of you that dont know, or have forgotten. I picked it up from 'joec' a few years ago. the car had a few gremlins that quickly introduced me to roadside maintenance. for a while I a had blast with the car. it helped me to really learn how to drive. and it got up to the point where it was running a 16g setup with every supporting mod. intake, exhaust, fuel, tuning, suspension. every part was replaced one at a time. then it came to the inevitable point where the alternator went bad. long story short 1630 caught fire. that left me broke, without a car and up a creek. I did everything I could to keep it, until I finally had the ability to put it into a garage. after I got it in the garage I picked up all the parts I needed from nate to get the car back on the road. I started to tear it down, when I I found out the motor inhaled fire extinguisher. the motor was done. so I was stuck again, not enough funds for a whole rebuild. 1630 slowly started being parted out. It has been in my dads garage for like 3 years now. Im forced to go from JSB to removing 1630.

currently the firewall forward is empty. I tried not to part anything, that I wouldnt replace anyway. the body is still as straight, and interior as fine as it was, and if there is ANY rust on it, it is just going to be surface rust that has formed since it has been put in the garage. on things like some bolts for instance. remember everything was brand new when it caught fire.

my biggest problem with getting rid of it, is that 1630 did exactly what a good vr4 does, made me fall in love with it. so I have 2 options, sell as a whole, or start the part out. I know the money will be much better if I part it (I have already gotten more money out of then most get for rollers) but if it gets parted and crushed then that means I dont get the sweet option of buying it back after it had more money dumped into it.

I know that pics do talking this is when I got 1630.

now I know these arent current pics, but they give you an idea of the condition. the body/interior hasnt had any damage from these pics. right now the car has 3 years of sitting and I will have to get some clean time in before I scare away any potential buyers.

I also have a few parts left over that I will put up separate but If you ask some of my past transactors I make great combo deals, and im not in it to profit, just to help the community, while trying to keep my life straight.

should I try and leave it up here for the community?
should I sell it to a ricer in town?
should I sacrifice it to give life to the other vr4s?
should I just make it quick and painless and crush it and forget about it?

sorry for all the reading, but these cars have been my life for the past few years so its hard to give an abridged version.

please PM me with any offers/appraisals. any questions/interest feel free to ask

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

well after I detail it, it is still going to look the same. the engine blew, not the body or interior.

mountaineerjeff

I listed them separately. they help represent the condition of 1630. used, not abused, and needs a good home.

BEST OFFER TAKES EM.

joec

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
sniff, sniff...
Hope she goes to a good home instead of the crusher -- somebody buy this!

mountaineerjeff

well without much forum interest, I think she's headed toward the partout.

I have a guy here in town that wants it...but his last offer was $200 and I cant decide on a solid asking price, for 2 reasons. I really dont want to see her go, and I know I can get more if I part it.

mountaineerjeff

Yea, I'm working on it, I just am in school and have a jeep project. So I will when I can.

mountaineerjeff

well I have had a pretty hectic week, but luckily I got my school stuff worked out. Im also on the final stretch of my jeep build so thats where my garage time goes, but if it does get too unpleasantly hott today I should be able to get some fresh pics.

mountaineerjeff

well I have been at work. I mostly have the whole front end put back together. its sitting in degreaser right now...I think the oil/grease everywhere is what kept is from rusting actually.

Im going to be putting a lot of little stuff up FS soon, but If anyone is interested in the car, then they can have first dibbs on anything I have. (unless its been paid for, of course)

morganc

If you could get some current pictures it would be awesome! I am interested in the whole car.

mountaineerjeff

well Im going to get some pics of the stuff as It goes back together...the biggest time today was/is trying to sort all the garbage from the parts.

I am about to put the front suspension back together. I removed the coilovers to sell, so Im trying to find all the stock stuff to go back on. the hardest part is going to be finding the bolts. they are all just kinda in a box.

heres pics of the strut mount. there isnt even surface rust or anything. despit it being the salt belt and sitting for years.

mountaineerjeff

well I didnt get anything else done, I had a local interested...right now the offer is 1300 and I keep the dash badge. I would much rather have it go to a board member though.

morganc

Can you post pictures of the whole engine bay? Like to show what damage the fire caused. I am interested but I want to know what I'm buying before I travel hundreds of miles to get it. What price would you take with the dash badge? You don't want to separate that from the car.

mountaineerjeff

all the damage has been removed. but yes, hopefully today, in the next few hours.

mountaineerjeff

well I ran down and snapped a couple quick pics. be lenient, im still trying to clean her up.
pics suck, because the lighting is beyond terrible.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned