The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lucas Hydraulic Booster and Stop Leak, Does it work?

I know what I'm about to suggest is a "Band Aid" but I really need to pass inspection in VA...I want to make sure the car gets into gear fine. Which it does after pumping a bunch of times like I said. I can't find the odd man out as of right now, the slave cylinder, clutch master or line. I was wondering If anyone has ever used Lucas's Hydraulic Booster & Stop Leak for this purpose?? I can't find any reviews on the product? Does anyone have any other products that may be better? As soon as I get the doe I will fix it right, but a clutch master from mitsubishi is going to run me 230 bucks!!! O (If that ends up being the problem )

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

The Autozone and oreilly ones work fine and would be way cheaper than 230 bucks.

I recently installed one I orded from ebay...it may not be the master at all ...but does this stuff work?

GSX_TC

Have u bled the system yet?

AnotherNewb

Quoting usethe4ce:
I recently installed one I orded from ebay...it may not be the master at all ...but does this stuff work?

No. I've tried it before and it didn't work for sh*t. If the slave isn't leaking don't worry about it, if the rubber line isn't buldging or split or leaking forget about that too. If your that strapped for cash you can always pick up a master cyl. Rebuild kit and try that for a bandaide. They are super easy to put in and last for a little while.

GSX_TC

Another trick that helps is to extend the length of the rod on the slave. Helps a lil.

Building pressure is my main concern

Last edited by a moderator:

I have an extra used master and slave laying around and nothing is wrong with them as far as I know. I was chasing down another issue and neither had anything to do with master or slave. Come to the Fredericksburg area to pick them and you can have them....or I work in Arlington and you could meet me there if you wanted. LMK.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned