The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2001 Montero Sport 4x4, South Bend Indiana - $5800 OBO SOLD

IncorpoRatedX

I purchased this car off a friend of the family and have been driving it for some time now, due to the new job i've taken, I no longer need the car. I love this thing, but I don't need to own two monteros, my VR4 and a motorcycle. Anymore I only drive it when I'm going on a road trip and I havent been able to take any of those due to working 60+ hours a week. This vehicle has been my daily driver for a long time now, I take it up into michigan when I go snowboarding, I've never been stuck in the snow with it, 4x4 works great. I love Montero Sports, I just can't justify paying insurance and plates on it when I don't need it and the money could be used to complete my 97 Monstero project

2001 Montero Sport Limited, 4x4, automatic, 3.5 liter engine
94,000 Miles I doubt you'll find an 01 montero with this low miles, hell, I doubt you'd find an 04 with less than 100k on it.
heated leather seats
rear heater
wood grain dash
infinity CD player and stereo
factory moon roof
factory roof rack rails
4 wheel disc brakes
ABS

ONLY mod is an external transmission cooler.

Runs perfect, doesnt leak anything, AC blows very cold, front bumper has a slight crack in it from the previous owners wife backing into it in their driveway. Car was from down south originally, Pictures below show the front end 'damage', obviously its hardly noticeable.
Call or text
5800 OBO

There's another picture and some commentary on it in the interview I did with Gearbox Magazine:
click

60160_10150260917390508_513365507_15041815_3504957_n.jpg

dsc_0654.jpg

dsc_0695_copy1.jpg

dsc_0658.jpg

dsc_0323_copy1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IncorpoRatedX

Yeah i'll get some actual "for sale" type pictures over the weekend, this is just what I had on my computer. Interior is probably 9 out of 10 in condition for a used car. i put cargo blankets down in the back if i ever haul anything.

this is identical to the interior in mine, for whatever reason the seats in this picture are moved all the way forward.
Im 6'3 and i fit nicely in the front seat, even with my seat all the way back, my 6' and taller friends can sit in the back seat comfortably.

Mitsubishi-Montero_Sport_2004_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

went out and snapped a couple cell phone shots of the interior

has original floor mats all around, also, forgot to mention it has factory keyless entry and alarm.
photo27_copy1.jpg

photo26_copy1.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

Bump*

truck started slow on friday, had the battery tested and it's finally old enough that it needed changed, so i dropped $90 on a new, higher cranking amp battery.

IncorpoRatedX

I don't know exactly. i'd say I average close to 20mpg, i know that if I'm going to chicago; it costs the same to take the montero and use mid grade and use a little more fuel with the AC on the entire way, as it does to take the galant and use premium without any AC. you can run 87 in the monteros though, no variable ignition timing.

so, the long and the short; no idea, but it's not like my buddies V8 jeep grand cherokee haha. Even though externally its about the same size! It might have something to do with his driving style though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lancer99

Hey josh I don't know if you know this guy but I was broswing around craigslist and I found your picture of your gsx click

IncorpoRatedX

I called him and asked him to take it down, he said he might after he takes some pictures of his own. I flagged it, do the same if you don't mind. Thanks for pointing it out!

IncorpoRatedX

What're you shopping for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lancer99

Nothing special. Looking for a 89 galant to swap out the seat belts. Found one across the border but the guy couldn't wait to sell so he sent it to the crusher. I want to keep the vr4 stock looking for shows but I dont know what I want to do yet, its been giving me headaches and sleepless nights.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

mistaVR4

This is one hell of a deal! If you were within 100 miles of me I would get a loan and buy it right now! Unfortunately that's not the case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, that is one bad ass vehicle, I've wanted one for a long time!

GLWS!

IncorpoRatedX

i'd be willing to drive it out to Colorado... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mistaVR4

Thanks a lot for the offer! This makes this decision really tough..... I just got hit with a bunch of med bills. If I can find a way to work something out I will definitely let you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again! GLWS sale if I can't do it.. she's a beauty!

IncorpoRatedX

it's up on ebay, just an FYI, the reserve is a LOT lower than the buy it now price.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts