The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

To finally get 330/1000 back on the road

dsm10o0

Not my car but its always nice to see build thread of these cars for future ref.

Story of the car: I seen this car on craigslist well over a year ago when i was in search for a vr4. The guy who owned it never took care of it. Dont know who owned it before that guy but it had a really bad rod knock. Couple days ago, i saw this car on craigslist once again and the guy who bought it(rmontalvo23)(current owner)had it sit at a friends house for about 3 months. Was going to buy it from him but talked and ill be doing a full rebuilt for him since he doesn't have any free time.

Getting ready for the tow truck.
photo-88.jpg

photo-91.jpg

Goodies that rmontalvo23 collected while its been parked.
ARP's
photo-93.jpg

.20 over pistons and reconditioned rods
photo-94.jpg

complete
photo-95.jpg

photo-96.jpg

photo-97.jpg

ACT flywheel and clutch kit.
photo-98.jpg

photo-107.jpg

box of random goods that need to be cleaned
photo-99.jpg

reconditioned crank
photo-102.jpg

photo-103.jpg

photo-105.jpg

.20 over block.
photo-108.jpg

Got sand? lol wonder where that came from. anybody know?
photo-109.jpg

photo-110.jpg

photo-106.jpg

Thats it for now. Please stay tuned. Still gotta clean some things up and drop the old motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

rmontalvo23

Finally it's getting taken away from that house. Waited 2 months for my "friend" to call me back about the car. I'm thankful to dsm10o0 for calling and asking to buy it. I quickly convinced him to fix it for me :)

dsm10o0

Update: got the transmission and head off the car, sucks not having a engine lifter lol. I got the block and crank cleaned at the machine shop and just got it back. Starting to assemble everything to put together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif California weather is making me take a while to get everything done, so f#@king hot, even worse in the garage.

photo-114.jpg

Found that cylinder 1 blew a rod and punched a hole in the back of the block.
photo-115.jpg

The hole I found behind the ac compressor.
photo-116.jpg

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Nice of you to post a build thread Nico, looks like youll be busy for awhile and I know sj is hot this week aha.

Tre3zy

Its in great hands.... after that lets do my 5lug!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dsm10o0

Thanks guys, hahah. Triz, Ill hit you up after i finish this so we can start your 5 lug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Update:

Finally got the block down. PITA when your doing it your self without an engine lifter. hahah

photo-118.jpg

The hole in the wall. lol

photo-117.jpg

Last edited:

dsm10o0

Update,

Got the crank on all buttoned up with arp's and acl bearings. Rods and pistons will be on tomorrow.
photo-129.jpg

photo-130.jpg

Popped the old motors oil pan and rod 1 is stuck in the balance shaft. Also found the balance shaft bearing on the oil pan.
photo-131.jpg

photo-133.jpg

Did a little cleaning on the intake manifold. Forgot to take a before shot.
photo-134.jpg

More to come...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned