The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power Steering....What goes here! lol

I'm getting everything ready and i have no clue what goes here. I don't remember taking anything out, but i have a bad memory too. lol. I would appericate any help. Thanks,

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

toybreaker

iconoclast
I think that's where the power steering pressure switch goes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Woosky117

this little doodad here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

im pretty shure there was of kind of mineature hose thing that went too it also, but it didnt seem important...

dont realy have any good idea what its for, but its there none the less.

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ Thanks for the pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's the power steering pressure switch.

The wire that comes off the round pin terminal on the end sends a signal to the ecu when the pump is under load.

The ecu then knows to throw a few more counts of iac at the idle stepper motor to keep the idle rpm from sagging.

Woosky117

did you fill up your power steering? is it leaking?
if not now, have you tried it under preasure, as in engine assisted?

it just seems like a plug... as stated before, it could be a preasure relese.

im sure there is someone here that know a little more about this thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Woosky117

lol, no problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

but that would bring me, i guess, to the question of do i need that wire off it? and where would it attach?

i just swapped in this engine, so anything that was on it was all hacked...

toybreaker

iconoclast
Look on the alternator harness.

If you're lucky, they'll be a wire with a single round pin connector on it dangling around in the vicinity. It'll be way longer than any of the others in the vicinity.

I believe it's yellow. It is most definately not black and white!

Connect that to the pin on the pressure switch.

Viola /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The ecu uses this pressure switch, (activated when the pump pressure increases when you turn the steering wheel), to compensate for the additional load. It does this by opening the iac stepper motor.

Without that wire hooked up, nothing important will happen, the ecu just won't be able to pro-actively compensate for the idle sag when you load it with the load from the powersteering, and you might get some idle sag/mild surge when parking.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned